Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Where I Have Been - A Four Month Gap

You may have noticed that my blog has been silent for the past four months. Part of it is because I have been busy (a good busy) with my family. Another part of it is because once my desktop computer (where I do a lot of my writing) would connect to the internet, it would cause everything else connected to the our internet to stop working. My husband and I think we finally have it fixed. Yay! It took a lot of uninstalling some programs as well as updating my desktop and making sure it didn't have any computer bugs.

I last wrote a post at the end of February. A lot has happened, I will just give you all a bullet point list of what has happened. 
-We celebrated our first Easter, as well as some other minor holidays in our new home (remember we moved at the end of October).
Easter Sunday

-Our daughter turned 2 and I turned 32 in May.
Birth and 2 Years Old

-School ended for the 2018-2019 school year for my husband (he is a teacher) and our boys. Our four boys finished the school year very well. Landon, our second child, graduated Kindergarten! We have a 3rd grader, a 1st grader, and two preschoolers (our 4 year old will be entering his last year of preschool for the 2019-2020 school year).
Logan, my husband, and Landon on the last day of school. 
Landon and I after his graduation. 
Top row is the first day of school of Logan and Landon. Bottom row is the last day of school of them. 
Liam on the first day of school (top left is the first day at his old school and bottom left is the first day at his new school) versus his last day of school. Can't believe he has one more year before Kindergarten!
Lucas on the first day of school on the left and the last day of school on the right. He will do 2 more years of preschool!
-I got my first tattoo! More to come on this in a different post. You may recognize the meaning of the tattoo from my blog title: Faith, Hope, and Love. 

-We became members of our new church. To tie into this point, we are making a lot of new friends in our new area. We are so happy to have a church family here, and new friends!

-We have already been on a summer vacation to see our friends and family from the area that we moved from. We also took a day trip to Columbus, Ohio to the COSI Museum (Again, more to come on that in a different post).

-I am continuing to work hard towards hobby turned business of photography (www.facebook.com/JessicaL.MartinPhotography). 
Landon lets me practice taking pictures. Sometimes our other 4 kids let me, but mostly Landon. 
A dandelion before it turned yellow. 
Two huge things happened since I last wrote.
-The first is that my husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on June 27th! We got anniversary/family pictures done to celebrate. We also were able to get a date in while we were on vacation and had childcare for our kids. It has been an amazing 10 years with my husband. I cannot wait to see what else is ahead for us!



-The second biggest thing that has happened is that my husband has his teaching contract for next school year AND he was hired as the assistant soccer coach for the high school (where he teaches) boys soccer team. 

I want to center on the last bullet point for a moment. We went through a waiting period toward the end of the school year. We didn't know if my husband would get his contract for next school year. It made for a stressful few weeks before we knew anything for sure. I did my best not to worry, but I did have some weak moments where I worried. I worried about another job change for my husband. I worried about another move for our family. We just moved here at the end of October and we didn't want to move again. In those weeks, we had so many people praying for us and we just kept trusting God (like we always do with everything). Something that I firmly believed (and still do), that helped in the times when I would worry was that God would not have opened doors and allowed us to move here if He didn't want us in this area. God would not have opened doors and allowed for my husband to get the teaching job (high school history teacher) if God didn't want us in the area that we are in. I am so glad that everything worked out and that my husband and our family. Going forward, I pray that God will use my husband, myself, and our family to be a light in the area that we live in. We are coming up on the one year mark since my husband got this position as a teacher, and since our move. Even though we miss our friends and family, we love where we are. God is good! We are really blessed.


Now that my computer seems to be functioning properly, I am excited to be back to writing again. I hope my bullet points have caught my readers up to what is going on with our family. I hope my readers are having a wonderful summer. I know we are enjoying our summer. 

No matter what you are going through, keep faith, hope, and love the center of it all. 

*Answer these questions for my next blog post: Do you have a tattoo? If so, what it is and what was the inspiration to you getting it?

21 comments:


  1. A year and months full of events. Dense with joys and things ... in short, a way to inspire that nothing is impossible in the face of change and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is good to take some time out, I used to write on my blog every day, but now I write once or twice a week and it is more refreshing. Welcome back from Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well obviously you've had a lot going on lately. And yay for your first tattoo. But be careful, they're addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 10 year anniversary! You guys have a ton going on it seems. And I love your tattoo. I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much going on in four months. They do grow up so fast and we get older too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your life's happenings to us. I too been to a lot this first quarter of the year. A mixture of sadness, sickness and catching up with friends. Though I am excited for the months ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a busy 4 months welcome back. Love the symbolism of your tat and happy 10 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you life update is huge! U you have so many new and exciting! Also happy 10th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get a tattoo but am having such a hard time committing. I love the design/message you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have such a beautiful family !! welcome back on the blogosphere, you are much loved and missed , but also take your time we will wait for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just amazing!!! I couldn't stop smiling through out reading your article. Amazing memories and and and you got a tattoo!!! Super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing 4 months hiatus. I will do the same thing as I prepare for my board exam and to date this will be my third blogging hiatus ever since I started blogging 6 years ago. I guess internet detox is also a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It's so crazy how much can happen in 4 months! Looks like you all were busy! So happy to hear that your computer is fixed! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family photos are so beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary and I am wishing you more blessings and happiness! I love you tattoo, I am thinking of getting one, but mine would be "DM Type 2" on the inside of my wrist. (Just in case of an emergency, at least they'd know that I have diabetes.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to see you again. I am so happy that your desktop is finally fixed.Happy Anniversary to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trusting God is all it takes. Thank God for your lovely family. He's got you all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such a lovely family. Your kids are so cute and adorable. Happy Birthday to you! And welcome back again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have had a busy few months, glad you computer is fixed and that things are looking great for the future

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yah. I remember your last post saying you're so busy. Haha. Can't believe its been four months.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like you have a lot going now. Congratulations on the new home and 10 years of marriage. I hope you have a good summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!