Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Future Of My Blog

Here I am again with another gap (3 months) between my posts. Every time I wanted to sit and write, something else or someone else needed my attention more. Our lives got busy with school starting, my husband coaching soccer, and of course our five precious kids. Now that it is the middle of October, things have slowed down a bit, which I am thankful for. Soccer season is over for my husband and we are on our school routine. Routines are always great for us! We are looking forward to the holidays!

I could fill you in on every little detail in our lives that has happened within the past 3 months, but I won't do that. Suffice it to say, our kids are growing way to fast! Instead, I am going to fill you in on a personal venture that has been going on with me and the future of my blog.

Last year I started a photography business. Photography has been a hobby of mine since I was 14. I am 32. Yeah, I know kind of a long time to wait to finally turn it into a business. Mind you, my focus the last few years has been on my kids. Next school year, all 5 kids will be in school, pre-k through 4th! I will have more time to be able to run a business. I have written a little bit about my business on here, not much seeing as it didn't go with my niche. I will share a link to my Facebook site below.

The camera (Fujifilm) that I had broke at the beginning of August. I was devastated. It was one that I have had since February 2015. Thankfully I didn't lose any pictures because it takes an SD card. I have had the camera for a while and one thing you should know about me is I love cameras and I love taking pictures. I love being creative while editing in Photoshop. I enjoy capturing memories for people so that they have something to treasure for years to come. The feeling of devastation was valid.
My old camera.
I am was in the market for a new one anyway and it is was on my Christmas list. Little did I know, my husband already bought me a new camera (Nikon D3500) and was going to wait until Christmas to give it to me. He told me he had a huge plan for the present, too. He was sad that he had to give me my camera early. He gave it to me in the middle of August. I had some photo shoots scheduled and he knew I didn't want to disappoint my clients. I have been using my new camera basically non stop in all of my free time (instead of writing).
My new camera.
I am so excited that I have a new camera! With that said, what does this mean for my blog if I am going to be diving head first into photography? To put it simple, my blog won't get as much attention. When I do blog, I will be blogging more about my photography I will still write about my family, faith, hope, love, and friends (the roots of my blog), but I want to share more of my photography skills.  Readers, please be patient with me as I make some changes to my blog. I hope you will continue to support me and read my blog! Know this, no matter the changes to come, my blog will still be a place where I want light to shine in a dark world, where you can always find faith, hope, and love. 

My logo!
Check out some of the photos I have taken with my new camera (only sharing pictures of my kids)!
Link to my Facebook page is below!










www.facebook.com/jessical.martinphotography

12 comments:

  1. Your photos are awesome. Yay on getting a new camera! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids sure do keep me busy also. I like your plan of action for your website

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important to follow your passion! Your photos are beautiful and I look forward to seeing more and hearing more about your photography business in the future. Thanks for sharing & the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay to take time off with things, you need to recharge and sometimes prioritize things. I too go on hiatus some time. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful.I hope to see more photos in future. Turning your passion in to a business is a great step forward.Good luck for your business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck pursuing your dream and making your photography business a success. That's so nice of your husband to get you a new camera when yours broke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may sound crazy but I can hear your passion for both your family and photography in your writing. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek new cameras are so much fun! I am loving these pictures! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for the updates, awesome!!! Oh and congrats on getting a new cam, i need to get one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to see what's to come for you and your blog. This is awesome. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting to have a new camera and best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's amazing that you are pursuing your passion. From your pictures it looks like it brings you so much joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!