Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Watching The Sun Rise

I love sunrises and sunsets. They are a few of God's many beautiful creations that I love. We live in an area where I can easily watch the sunrise. This morning, I stood outside on our big porch and watched the sunrise. It was the first time I was able to do so since moving here four months ago. I went out around 6:45 a.m. and I took pictures as the sun rose up over the hill. If you haven't ever watched the sunrise or the sunset then I suggest you find a time when you can do so. There is something so relaxing about watching the sunrise or sunset. Not only are you in the fresh air, but you are watching something so amazing!

Let my pictures do the talking:
I am just so in awe at how beautiful God makes the sky in the morning and in the evening. As I was watching the sunrise this morning, I looked for Bible verses about the sun. Psalm 113:3 came up. It says, "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." I praised God for the beautiful sunrise. He spoke to me that I need to take more time to reflect and praise Him. I don't do it as often as I should. Every year my resolution is to grow closer to God. I reflected on what He has been doing in my life and I praised Him for all of it (the good and the bad). Take time to reflect on your life (the good and the bad). Be thankful for everything in your life. A great way to reflect is by watching something so amazing like a sunrise or sunset, or even looking at the stars at night.
I hope you enjoyed the picures of the sunrise. I hope you were encouraged by it in the same way I was. Take a moment and be in awe of the sunrise or sunset. Let me know what you think in the comments. Have you ever watched the sunrise or sunset?

20 comments:

  1. omg your pictures, amazing! This must have been a great and beautiful experience. I should do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love watching the sunset!! We were away in byron Bay recently and we saw some crackers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to not marvel in God's amazing powers when you see a sunrise. It is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I love sunsets as much as sunrises, it is as if with their colors and their energies they speak to our minds and make us see and hear our thoughts better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up very early the other morning and when I let the dog out, I could see the sun just starting to rise. It was so glorious and big. I was in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunrise is the most peaceful time of the day for sure. It is beautiful no matter where in the world you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love sunrises and sunsets. I've seen a lot more sunsets. The most memorable sunrise I've ever seen was at Angkor Wat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great pictures! I love when I’m up and out early enough to
    Enjoy the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love watching the sunrise and sunset. I have been telling my husband that once all the kids have moved out and started their own families, we should move out to the suburbs. Fresh air and beautiful scenery is so good for the soul. Thank God for this beautiful blessing I get to witness every day I am alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sunsets, but sunrises are beautiful as well! So inspirational post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sitting out and watching the sun rise and fall. It's definitely a beautiful time during the day and not one to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is so amazing and his creation is so beautiful! I love your pictures and I sure would try to watch the sunrise one of these days, I'm quite certain it would be a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the sunrise on January 1 above Mt. Fuji. It was a ethereal and beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's beautiful! Soon we're going to be having longer day and we get to enjoy the sun even longer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the sunrises are beautiful aren't they! Unfortunately I'm not quite a morning person! Though in winter, when the sun rises much later, sometimes I can "catch" it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this absolutely breath taking! yesterday i had the pleasure of watching the sunset and i was just in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pictures are absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’ve never watched the sun set beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures are looking gorgeous and I love sunrises and sunsets. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!