Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Reasons Why Making Lists Help Me

If you have been reading my blog for some time, then you will know that my husband and I have 5 kids. I know what you are thinking, "Wow, 5 kids!" or "How do you all manage 5 kids?" Managing 5 kids does take a lot of organizing.


If I did not have some sort of organization system in place I would look like the following picture every single day. Are you always worried, panicked, or stressed? Would list making help you be less frazzled? If so, continue reading.


One way I stay organized so I can keep up with my big family is making lists. I thought this time of year would be perfect to share this post because the New Year is coming and many people will be making resolutions. One resolution that is popular to make is to stay organized. Making lists is just one way to help a person stay organized with everything they have going on in their life.

Why Do Lists Help Me?

1. Lists Help Me Stay Organized
As I have already touched on, lists help me stay organized. Having a big family means each person has their own thing going on. Each day we have different things going in our family. Lists help me keep track of everybody as well as helping me keep track of what needs done for the day. When I am organized, my day runs smoother which definitely brings a smile to my face.


2. Lists Help Me Stay Sane
If I did not make lists, I would probably go crazy every day because I would be so flustered with our busy schedules. Making lists help me stay calm during chaotic moments during our day. With our big family, remaining calm is a big necessity.

3. Lists Decrease My Stress Level
I know this seems like a weird reason to like lists. Usually people get stressed out when they see everything that needs done writen down in one place. When.I can visibly see what needs done, I am able to check it off as it get accomplished. The satisfaction of crossing things off my to do list really does decrease my stress level.

4. Lists Help Me Stay On Top Of Things
Lists help me to stay on top of getting things done. Making lists prevent me from putting things off for too long. I don't like to procrastinate, so having a list visible helps me to stay on task during our day. I am also able to focus better with lists in front of me.


5. Lists Are Pretty
There are so many cute notepads/listpads out there. All you have to is search your favorite store online or in store shopping and I am sure you will find some cute notepads/listpads. The flower listpad pictured down below I got at Wal-Mart for just .96 cents. Even regular notepads are coming in different colors as pictured below. You can do anything to make lists look pretty. I will sometimes use different colored pens to make my lists more organized and to just make them look pretty.



6. There Are Lists For Everything
You can make a list for anything and everything. My lists are usually shopping lists, to-do lists, lists of schedules, blogging idea lists, and wishlists. I am sure anything you can think of, there might a list for it out there.
 


Those are the top 6 reasons making lists help me function. I hope you enjoyed reading my list about lists. One thing you should know about my lists, is that when I am making my lists I pray over them. I want everything that I have set before me to be done to bring God glory and to be done in love. If I can touch one person in a positive way that honors God, then my list is accomplished.

 
 
 

Do you make lists? Do you have a favorite notepad or listpad? If you don't make lists, has this post given you the boost  you need to start making lists for things in your life? I would love it if you shared this post with someone in your life that might benefit from the tips I have given.




21 comments:

  1. I love this post!! So often I need to get organized to accomplish tasks.. yes that may also be a procrastionation tactic.. but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a list maker. I always have three lists near my desk and it helps with my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a complete and total list addict! Seriously this great advice not only for us, but also to teach our kids to keep organized

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props to you for raising 5 kids! I totally agree that lists are important. Sometimes we need lists for our lists, lol!!
    xoxo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a very orgaization based person. I ALWAYS have lists for just about anything. Currently my list is filled with crafts, Christmas shopping, and getting things organized to move into a new place. I'd be lost without it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always make lists! It clears my head and I know I won't forget anything, stay organized and save time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lists as well as I think having something solid to look at helps me to plan how I'm going to do my day. I think they're so good for organization x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a brief moment in my life when I made shopping lists pretty regularly. Lately, I've not been as good. I do find it easy to write myself notes through text messaging myself. I'm sure if I remembered to make and follow lists, though, my life would be a little less hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making lists too! They help me stay organised and they keep me very focused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a list person too! They help me stay sane - I'd be so lost without them and would never be able to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing done one's talks is a great help to remember things and also be reminded of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making lists. They help organize tasks and give me a sense of accomplishment when I complete them. Keshia Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lists are actually magical. I wouldn't get anything done without them and my planner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You forgot one very important reason to make lists, it'll help you sleep! I used to lay in bed at night remembering little things here and there that need to be done. Once I started making lists before bed, that went away and I am able to sleep better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I just recently started making list for everything. If I don't write it down I tend to forget about it. I'm so bad, sometimes I even forget to bring the list. I have to make sure I put the list in my purse as soon as I'm done writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use an app on my phone for lists. It started to get a little out of hand though, so I've given it a break. I literally had lists of lists.
    It's a great way to prioritize your life though, if you're not obsessive like me and spend more time making the lists than completing the tasks your putting on them! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anytime I write something down it always helps me remember things better. Or just on my phone in notes too. xo, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of making lists. I often makes my schedule lists. But fail to accomplish them. You inspired me a lot.Its time for me to awake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to make lists or I go about getting nothing done. It is SO easy for me to get distracted and feel like I'm getting nothing accomplished otherwise. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really wish I was a list maker. I am not but I know it would be better for organizational skills!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is right that you decide to combine all actions into the organized lists top facts about dreams essay . This approach makes it easy to manage the children, bring them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!