Monday, December 10, 2018

The Weekend With Family

It is Monday and I hope all of my readers had a great weekend! I know my family and I had a wonderful weekend. As many of you know, we recently moved. Our move put us closer to my side of the family. On Saturday, my side of the family got together at a restaurant called Claudia Sanders (feel free to click on the link to read more about it). I have never written a restaurant review, but I thought I would do a short review/history about it while talking about how wonderful it was to spend time with my family.

Claudia Sanders is a restaurant that was started by Colonel Sanders and his wife, Claudia (Colonel Harland Sanders should sound familiar because he opened KFC, also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken). I have been to this restaurant before, but it had been quite a while so I forgot how warm and friendly the restaurant was. The atmosphere really makes you feel like you are sitting in your dining room at home.

Our 4 year old son enjoying time.
Our family enjoyed meals ranging from burgers, fried chicken, and pork chops. Claudia Sanders has a menu full of comfort foods that will make you feel like you are eating your grandmother's cooking. I got a burger called the Tommy Burger (pictured below). It was very delicious. If you are ever in Kentucky, make sure you eat at Claudia Sanders.

 

Time spent with family over a delicious meal was simply amazing and being together is the best. I wish I could have gotten more pictures of the restaurant/food, but we were so busy enjoying each other's company that pictures were not our number one priority. There were 18 of us on Saturday that got together. Our priority was making memories and many memories were made on Saturday.

My grandfather with his four great grandsons. A little blurry because the kids are always on the move.
Our whole family. We are missing two people because my uncle stayed home with one of my cousins who was sick.18 of us were able to make it!
 After we ate, we went back to where my grandparents live. Our daughter is 18 months old and we finally were able to get a 4 generation picture! This was a huge deal because my mom (pictured below with her grandkids) has overcome addiction and is wanting to be with our family again. If you have dealt with addiction at all, then you know this is a big accomplishment for my mom. I am very proud of my mom.



As you can see, we had a wonderful weekend spent with extended family. I wish the time didn't go by so quickly. If life had a pause button, I would have pressed it on Saturday. I really treasure time spent with family. God has blessed us so much with each other. I do not know where I would be without my amazing family. My family is a big reason why I have so much faith, hope, and love in my life.


Did you all have a good weekend? Do you enjoy time spent with family as much as I do? I hope my readers have a wonderful start to their week!


16 comments:

  1. I like your article. It makes me want to hit the "pause button" on Saturday and stay there for vacation... I did have a great weekend myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the KFC franchise had other restaurants! It sounds so yummy! Enjoying a good meal with family is the best way to spend Holiday time in the Winter I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be heading to Kentucky in January with my family. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion re the restaurant. You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending time with family is always a great time. I will miss being with my whole family this Christmas. My husband is still recuperating from a previous hospital stay (36 days!) and traveling is not an option (yet). I will be with my family in spirit though, and they promised to do a video call with me on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photographs with the four grandsons! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I wish I had a pause button too when I'm with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spending time with family. That food looks so good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There really is no better way to spend a weekend then with family. Looks like the food was a hit with all and everyone had a great time. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me happy to see family photos. You all look like you had a great time. I have a huge family (including aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces) and we all live fairly close to one another. Having a family who loves you is the biggest blessing you can ever receive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, didn't know Claudia Dander has a restaurant! The food looks amazing! I want to check this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely. I love big family gatherings like this. They are always a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! I love spending my free times with family. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to get a 4 generation picture. Congrats on the move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy for you that you had the chance to spend such a nice time with your loved once. Since I'm not so much in to the food the restaurant is serving I'd probably have picked something more on the veggie side of life, though ;-) All the best to your mom - hopefully she'll keep up the good spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spending time as a family is just so very important. And even over at a place as simple as KFC.. it's just good memories all around. Glad you had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The restaurant of this kind attracts the visitors with its warm atmosphere. Here everyone feels comfortable. I think you will get the useful tips from the essays review service.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!