Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I'm Back

It has been too long since I have written a blog post. The school year started in August/September 2017 and life got really busy. There were so many times I wanted to sit down and write a post, but I opted to do other things such as spending time with my family, catching up on housework, etc. The funny thing is before this eight to nine month break, I wrote a post about always finding time to write a blog post. I will admit, I failed at finding time. However, I am glad that I took a break from writing to do the things that matter most to me and that I write a lot about: spending quiet time with God, spending time with my family, spending time with my friends, and working hard at home for my family and those around me.

I am happy to be back to writing. Writing is a way for me to gather my thoughts. Writing is therapy for me because it gives me an outlet. I will admit, writing seems easier for me than talking, unless you know me really well, then I talk a lot. I am getting off topic on what I want this post to be about.

To recap, I started this blog back in my college days because I wanted to write about life after college, what it is like being a mom and wife, and to share about my faith. I have taken several breaks here and there, but my main theme for my blog has not changed and will not change. I enjoy writing about being a mom to five kids, being a wife to an amazing husband, and sharing my faith. I enjoy adding other aspects such as recipes, sharing my photography skills, and sharing about our life with friends and other family. If you have read my posts in the past, my blog will continue to have the same vibe, so to speak. If you are a new reader, I welcome you. I encourage you to browse my past posts to get a feel for what I write about and how I write. I hope you will enjoy my future posts.

Since it has been a while since my last blog post, I am not going to attempt to write about the past eight to nine months because way too much happened. I will sum it up with pictures.

Our three kids that go to school had a great school year. Two are still in school until June 22nd.

 Let's start with our oldest, Logan. In this school year Logan celebrated his 7th birthday, got his first pair of glasses, got baptized, and went to the beach for the first time.
First day of school of Logan.
7th Birthday Party
First Pair of Glasses
Daddy Baptized Logan
His First Bible
First Time At The Beach
Three Days Left Of School
Landon is finishing his last year of preschool. He also had a big school year. He is our child that has Microtia and wears a BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid). He used to wear a headband with his hearing aid attached. In December he had surgery to get an abutment put on his skull so now he just clicks his hearing aid on to the abutment that sticks out. He doesn't have to worry about a headband anymore. He loves the new way of wearing his hearing aid. He also celebrated his 5th birthday and went to the beach for the first time.
Landon's First Day of School
Landon's 5th Birthday
Last time wearing the BAHA headband.
Ready for surgery.
He has the abutment!
Landon's 5th Birthday Party
He got his new hearing aid in February.
His stuffed monkey has a hearing aid too!
He loved the sand!
He will be a preschool graduate in 23 days!
Liam started his first year of preschool this year. He will finish the same day that Landon does on June 22nd. I posted pictures of his birthday party on my blog already. He turned 3 this year past school year. He has been talking a lot more than what he was last year at this time. This school year he began using the potty and is potty trained during the daytime. Liam had to have his tonsils taken out in February. We had two kids have surgery this past school year. Liam did very well with his surgery. Liam also went to the beach for the first time. Liam had a big year just like Logan and Landon.
Liam's First Day Of School
Before Liam's Surgery
Liam loved the sand!
Playing outside a few days ago.
Lucas, our two year old, doesn't go to school but he had a great school year staying home his sister and I. Even though our two youngest kids aren't in school yet, they enjoyed many grocery shopping trips with me, trips to doctor appointments, and going for walks. Lucas turned two in December. He started speech therapy last year and is doing very well. He will start preschool in January of 2019. Leliana grew so much since August! She is in physical therapy because she is behind on her gross motor development. She is rolling over and sitting up really well now. We just have to get her to crawl and walk soon. We had Leliana dedicated in March. Having a child dedicated to the Lord is very important for us. We know our kids belong to us here on earth, but they will forever belong the Lord. Leliana just turned one. They also went to the beach for the first time. I love staying home with them while our older three are in school. We are looking forward to summer break with our older three boys.
Ready for a walk!
Lucas's 2nd Birthday!
Lucas loves his sister!
At the park!
Leliana loved the swin


Car carts are the best with two kids!
Leliana's 1st time at the beach!
Lucas loved playing in the sand too!
Dressed up for her 1st birthday!
Presents!


Leliana is ONE!

I realize this blog post is long and mainly pictures, but I think it was a lot better than trying to write a huge post. In between all the events for the kids, we enjoyed the holiday season and celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. We also enjoyed the fun holidays like Halloween, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day. I think I have caught my readers up on what we have been up to in these months and the 2017-2018 school year. I'm excited to be back to writing. Look for more posts and they won't be this long. I will leave you with some family pictures from the past few months. Thank you for reading!















11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You have such cute kids. I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you started writing again. Your family is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you have a such a beautiful family! I struggle with keeping up with my blog as well but it's always nice to head back and get writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the world of blogging! It sounds like you had a wonderful and exciting school year! enjoy the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have five kids?? Do you have a baby sitter? And here I am feeling so tired with my two daughters hahaha they are all sooo adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and what a beautiful family you have. I know they keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. Writing is very therapeutic and an amazing outlet. You're family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. Sounds like you got your priorities right. God and Family first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the blogging scene. It’s so good to have an outlet to write and get your feelings out there. I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey welcome back I see your big family is definitely busy. Thanks for sharing and updating us on your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy that you are back! Lots of things happened and your kids are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!