Thursday, May 31, 2018

Last 'Firsts'

My husband and I had our last baby in May of 2017. In this past year we celebrated some last 'firsts'. I know we still have many more 'firsts' to go through as our children get older, but the 'firsts' I am referring to are firsts that are related to the baby/infant stage of life. It is hard to believe we celebrated our last first Halloween, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first New Years, first Valentine's Day, etc. I get asked if we are sad that we won't be going through that stage again and truth be told we are a little sad. At the same time, we are glad that stage is over. Like I said, we have more 'firsts' to go through as our children get older and we are looking ahead to those.

Here is a look at some of our last 'firsts' that we have experienced this past year.

Our last time taking a newborn home for the first time.
Last first night at home.
Last first church service.
Last first 4th of July.
Last first Halloween.
Last first Thanksgiving.
Last first Christmas.
Last first time in the snow.
Last first Valentine's Day.
Our last baby dedication.
Last first St. Patrick's Day.
Last first Easter.
Last first Kentucky Derby.
Last first birthday party. 
As you can see we experienced a lot of last 'firsts'. There are many others, but these were the most important ones. We can look forward to some new firsts. In March, our oldest got baptized. We had our first baptism among our kids. A few weeks ago our oldest lost his first tooth.







We are looking ahead to future firsts. Even more, we are looking forward to raising our kids. We are done having babies. That chapter in our life is closed. Our focus can be on teaching our kids important life lessons and important Biblical life lessons. As followers of Christ, we are raising our kids to know and love God. We pray for our kids every night and we pray that they are learning what they need to learn as they continue to grow older. We of course are raising them to have a lot of faith, hope, and love. Having and raising kids is such a blessing. We are blessed for sure.    


I  know there are many parents who are experiencing other last 'firsts' than the ones my husband and I have experienced. Share with  me in the comments some of the last 'firsts' you are experiencing or share some of the firsts you may be experiencing.

28 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet post! I love looking at her face on "Last first Halloween". So cute!!! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mother I can definitely relate. My youngest is turning 7 in a few days. I miss the feeling of having a baby in the house. I loved all your first pictures. Baby dedications always make me emotional at church. They are my favorite. Thanks for this beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! It is amazing to see them grow isn't it? It's like just yesterday they were asleep in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those last firsts are bittersweet... my last is almost 2 now and I am just soaking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a bittersweet thing to do ! I wish I had taken more photos of the kids when they were younger. It's like the 1st born had tons of photos, the 2nd born had slightly less and the 3rd born child? I have no idea what happened we barely captured those moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you guys! I know it has to be difficult for some reasons but you have so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on having a baby. You baby is very cute, hope she has a wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a fab array of photo memories. You should deffo make some of these into canvas prints x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely idea to remember all your last firsts. Congratulations on your lovely baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baby looks so cute, congratulations! It must be sad to experience and think about your last firsts as a family but it must be so exciting to think about all the new experiences to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great that you took so many photos and captured your last "firsts." Wishing you and your family a fabulous journey through all life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so many adorable photos that will capture these memorable events <3 wishing you and your family the best of luck and happy journey through life. congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet post ! I enjoyed to see all the "last"first moments and for a second I thought that one day she will read herself mommys blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just had our last baby in 2016. It's a bittersweet ending to a chapter in our lives. Congratulations on your oldest being baptized. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute post. It will be great to look back at this post when she is older

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being a mommy. Your daughter is so adorable and I'm happy that you celebrated all the "firsts" with her to give you so many memories. As she grows the firsts will lessen up, but you will love the way kids start enjoying things. It becomes more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an sweet post. She looks so adorable. I hope your journey continues, as raising children can be a challenging blessing! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So bitter sweet to enjoy your last firsts. Always made me so sad with my baby, but I do look forward to enjoying new first when I have grandchildren. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get sad about not having anymore children. I didn't know it was the last so I didn't get to cherish being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No firsts for kids here as we chose not to have any. But I just passed my advanced yoga teacher certification - a first!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My last baby was born New Years Day 2018, so we are in the first year of the lasts. I can't tell you how many tears I have cried at the last of the first. God blessed us with such an amazing, good little baby. We are about to experience one of our first with the oldest graduation from high school and going off to college. So bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never thought of it that way. We don't have kids yet, but when we do this will definitely be something I think about!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful post... a lot of last firsts... but also a lot of first firsts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The firsts of our family are just too monumental. I try to document as much as I can because I am so forgetful You have a lovely family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kids grow up so fast that it’s important to cherish every moment of their early years.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The photos are so adorable! Last firsts are always bittersweet; now onto the toddler stage in life :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!