Monday, August 21, 2017

Thomas the Train Birthday Party

This past weekend we celebrated our third child's THIRD birthday! He turned three on Saturday. Each birthday is a little hard on me because our kids are growing so fast!

As you can see from the pictures below, Liam has grown so much over the past three years. Three years went by so fast! My heart needs to be still. He is so sweet and full of energy. He is friendly and loves everyone he meets. His laugh and smile are contagious. He is an amazing little brother and big brother. His favorite hobby, besides playing with trains, is eating. He loves his food! He also loves singing 'This Little Light of Mine' and 'Jesus Loves Me'. We are doing something right with him by teaching him to love God. We are so blessed to have him as our third born child.

Liam right after he was born.

Now on to the party. On Sunday we had his birthday party with family and friends. Liam is really into trains, specifically Thomas the Train.


I was excited when I knew he wanted a Thomas themed birthday party. I love throwing birthday parties for my kids. I always do my best to go with the theme they pick. If you read my blog, you know that I turn to Pinterest to get ideas on everything. I saw an awesome idea to make a cupcake train. Here is the original pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/55169164168151994/. Here is how his cake turned out:









I also saw on Pinterest an idea to make a food train with containers filled with fruits/veggies and make a train with them. Here is the original pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/55169164168151999/. Here is what I did:



For the food trains, I did a fruit train, a veggie train, and a candy train. For the cake I did a cupcake train. We already had the trains and train tracks on hand so I didn't have to buy them just for the party. It was a very easy party to throw and very budget friendly as well. Liam loved his cake! All of our guests really liked the cake, fruit, veggies, and candy as well.

Here are more pictures from the party:






If you have a child that is wanting a Thomas the Train party, hopefully this post gave you some ideas on what to do for your Thomas the Train party.




21 comments:

  1. I love the train cake idea! Our little man turns 3 at the end of September and I can guarantee we will be having a Thomas birthday party too! I'll be using some of these ideas for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Thomas themed cake - my friend's son would absolutely love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loved Thomas the Train. You did an amazing job on the party! Cupcakes on the tracks is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcake train is absolutely adorable! I love how everything is laid out as if they are train cars- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute. I don't usually do theme parties for my kids but I love the colorful cupcakes on the train tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun looking party, Thomas is something that never seems to go out of fashion at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the train! Omg omg!!! That looks so delicious! I also love the tubs of the healthy snacks! They're very fitting within the whole Thomas theme! I wouldn't mind a cupcake or two!
    Hope your littlen has a magical day.

    Luciana commenting on behalf of (ajulydreamer.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a fun birthday! How cute. My son used to love Thomas the Train.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awee Thomas theme party looks great :d... I hope your son has enjoyed and had fun to the fullest :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love themed parties.These are easy to plan when there is a theme.Your Thomas train party ideas are great!I really like the cake.We had 'Bob the Train ' birthday party for our kid's 2nd birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interestig blog, I like it. Great post.

    Follow for follow? :)

    https://alexandarstanisavljevic.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cake are superb! And you are very creative. I am aleays fascinated on how these 3D cake are being made.
    Happy birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love Thomas The Train! One of our favorites! I love how creative you got with this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cupcakes that make the train! So creative and colorful! I bet the kids loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cupcake train is one of the coolest ideas! I loved Thomas when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a really cute birthday party for Liam. We did a Thomas the Train event at the library. The kids did love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful birthday party you put together. Love all the decorations and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday Liam, it looks like a lovely party. I love all the multicoloured cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a fan of Thomas the train but you did such a cute job! I love how you did the train track!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really cute themed for a birthday party. I know my niece's son would love the Thomas themed birthday party. Thanks for sharing these awesome birthday party ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    verse of the day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!