Monday, February 4, 2019

Muddy Jeans

I hope everyone had a good weekend! If you are an area that got a lot of snow last week, I hope you are staying warm. Where we live, our snow melted on Saturday and reached 60 degrees! Yesterday (Sunday) it reached 65 degrees! I was very thankful for the warmer weather, because it meant our kids could go outside and play!

Of course with the snow melted, that meant it was quite muddy in our yard. We have four boys so their favorite thing to do is play in the mud. We were okay with it, because they had been couped up inside most of last week so getting outside and running around was VERY good for them.
This morning as I was putting a pair of muddy jeans in the washer, my heart got so full! I feel like God spoke to me through those jeans. God speaks to me/gives me gentle reminders in so many ways and He is good at doing it when I need it most. I have been working hard at keeping my mindset positive by being more thankful, having JOY in all situations, and not worrying so much.

God grabbed me this morning and put these reminders in my heart:
1. That I am blessed with five kids that love to play.
2. That this stage in our lives is short and will go by fast so I need to enjoy it.
3. That I will miss ours kids being this little once they are grown up.
4. To enjoy every moment, even when it is messy.
5. Making memories is more important than worrying about the mess (it can be cleaned up).

I took a picture of the muddy jeans to remind me of these things. The following Bible verses came to mind:
I love how God speaks to me about the things that I need to work on. One of my goals for 2019 is to listen more closely to God when He speaks to me. This morning I definitely stopped and listened to what God wanted to teach me. He told me not to worry about the messes our kids make and not to worry about the big things or small things. He told me to enjoy every moment, even when it might be hard.

I believe that God also wants me to tell my readers the same message. Don't worry about the big things, or small things. In good times or bad, have joy or find something that brings you joy. Enjoy every moment and stop every once in a while and remember how blessed you truly are I hope this post encourages someone. This was what God placed on my heart to share with you all. If this encouraged you, let me know in the comments!




18 comments:

  1. Great post love, thank for sharing. Xoxo

    Dessy | www.satinoflux.com | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this, how lovely and positive, this really did make me feel so happy and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog posts. They are so inspirational and it fills me with a renewed sense of faith. My kids are all grown, and yes, I miss those times when they were little - the dirty clothes, the messy hair, their cluttered rooms. I am thankful that God entrusted me with the task of rearing three children who are now all young adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with what Kristine said! My kids are also grown, and I miss the muddy clothes and even the super stinky athletic shoes. God is great, and He's always waiting for us to listen to the little hidden lessons He has for us.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with not sweating the small stuff. I definitely need a reminder of what is really important every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I have similar thinking every time I feel like nagging about their toys all over the place. Time flies so quickly that in a blink of an eye, they may be doing their own stuff outside the house, and I would surely miss these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes just be thankful and always be thankful especially when it comes to your children. Being with them everyday and as long they are all in a healthy state, is already a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being more mindful, in the moment and listening more is definitely like a muscle, we need to exercise it everyday to keep it healthy. :-)

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspirational post! It is amazing how God speaks to you in little ways at the most random times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is sometimes so nice to get the little reminders of joy. I just really enjoy the stage of life we are in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's quite a contrast to go from snow to it being pretty warm! No wonder it was so muddy, some of our snow here still hasn't melted x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thoughtful and emotional. I am an atheist but still I do feel you because my mom used to say these too..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finding joy in life, no matter or small, is so important, even if it is just appreciating a dirty pair of jeans from your kids playing in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great inspirational post! We should try to find happy in everything happening in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are staying warm. We lots of snow last week and lots of rain this week. Great post here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very inspirational.. let us look at the good things no matter how bad the situation is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im not a mom but I am happy you saw the good in this "messy" situation. Yes things can be cleaned but it is a reminder to cherish your children and these memories now they will grow up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Leslie Jean Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!