Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Not Feeling Well

As a stay at home mom, getting sick is the last thing I want to do. I am responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly in our home. When I don't feel well, it brings everything to a stop. Since my husband works and we don't have family nearby, it is hard to get the rest I need because I am keeping up with our younger three kids (ages 4, 2, and 1). They always seem to have the most energy when I'm not feeling well. I wish I had half the energy that they have, especially when I am sick.

If you follow my blog, you know that I enjoy doing crafts with my kids. It takes them away from watching TV. When I don't feel well, doing crafts with them is something I just don't have the energy to do. So when I am sick we end up watching movies, reading books, and cuddling on the couch all day.

Why am I telling you all of this? I woke up this morning with some kind of stomach bug that has me sitting in my husband's recliner most of the day so far. I have managed to give our three little ones breakfast and then after that I declared movies and cuddles. So far they seem on board with this idea. Hopefully it keeps up so I can get a little rest. Where we live, there is apparently a few versions of the stomach bug going around. I had one version of it less than 2 weeks ago. As you can imagine, having a stomach bug for a second time within two weeks is not fun. Send prayers that I get better soon, and that nobody else gets sick here.

This is where my faith in God plays a huge part in my life. While I may be feeling weak, God is my source of strength. I know He will heal me and I will be feeling better soon. He will give me the energy I need to still be the best mom I can be, even while I am not feeling well. 

God is the healer of all things. I am not sure what is going on in your life, but I pray that these verses (the images are not mine) encourage you and bring a little bit of peace to your life. Keep the faith, hope, and love in all things.













8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is never fun and having to look after little ones at the same time sounds really tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, feel better soon! I have been sick for four years now since my youngest son was born and it is hard going parenting when you are poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel your pain! I literally had a conversation yesterday about how being a mom was the only job where you never got sick days and your boss was perfectly capable and allowed to wake you up at 2 a.m. on the regular. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really admire stay at home moms. I'm praying for your fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. motherhood and sickness is a tough combination! My best wishes for a really fast recovery! get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you lots of wishes for a speedy recovery! It's not easy taking care of the kiddos while you are under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so encouraging. The Lord is our source of strength. As He is our healer, keep up with the faith and I wish yo a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ug! Being sick as a mom is the worst. We still need to take care of everyone even though we are down and out. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!