Saturday, October 15, 2022

Making A Come Back

    I cannot believe it has been well over two years since I have given attention to this blog. I stepped away to pursue a little more in photography, begin a master's program, and focus on my family (especially my children who have grown so much). I have been successful in my photography ventures as well as pursuing a master's degree (specializing in social work). I feel like my family has become even more close due to being together because of things being shutdown in 2020/2021 due to covid, and my decision to focus on my family. 

     With the decision to focus on my family and the above pursuits, also came the decision to focus on our faith in God as well. That is what truly has made our family stronger and able to walk through any other trials that may come post-covid. Speaking of trials post-covid, one big trial that came in 2021 was the loss of my grandma. My grandmother raised me along with my grandfather. They were more like my mom and dad when I was growing up so the loss of my grandma was like that of losing a mom. She died from lung cancer. It has been less than 18 months and the grief is still hard some days. 
 
    I had so many intentions since 2020 to sit down and write. Something in me within the past month hit me, instead of thinking of those intentions, I am going to act on those intentions. Yes you can talk the talk, but you need to walk the walk. I am going to start fresh with new ways to encourage my readers and new ways to tell stories from life experiences that you can relate to. I cannot wait to tell what my family and I have been up to since 2020, one of those events happened just last week, our trip to Disney World--that deserves its own post. I hope you will come along as I reboot my blog and join me on this journey of starting anew.








8 comments:

  1. welcome back! good luck in your upcoming blog journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful read for me. Wish you best for your blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging! It sounds like you were busy pursuing your master's degree. I agree that you can have intentions, but you need to put them into action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least, you have been busy doing other things and pursuing photorapghy is fun. Hope you will enjoy the blogging journey again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back! I think it's fine to take a break only to come back with commitment and new energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back! I have taken a few breaks as well from blogging over the years, and you have certainly been busy so that qualifies for a well-deserved break.. Looking forward to reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that is a very long break. Welcome back to the world of blogging. I look forward to reading your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Back! Life is life, embrace it! It gets busy quickly as the kids grow.
    Mrs. Marvelous Joy
    @https://titusjoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!