Sunday, February 17, 2019

Go With The Flow

This last week I got side tracked and was not able to follow the blog topic schedule that I set for myself. I got busy with some family things (family comes first) and did not have a chance to sit and write until today. Part of why I got side tracked is because I had house work to catch up on from last weekend (I wouldn't trade the events that happened last weekend for anything). My husband took me out last weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day. Yes, we got a kid free date! It was wonderful and just what we needed. We went to The Cheesecake Factory and the mall that is in Louisville, KY.
Waiting for our table.
My delicious Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
I decided not to worry if I can't blog every single day. I just have to go with the flow of life. Our week was certainly busy so I took a time out on my blog to focus on my family and our week. On Tuesday, our youngest son started pre-school. He transitioned out of our early intervention program here in Kentucky. Kids can transition to pre-school when they turn 3. Lucas turned 3 at the end of December. Lucas could not start until he had a dental exam, eye exam, and a physical. Lucas had his eye exam (the last thing we needed in order for him to start) on Monday so he was able to start school on Tuesday. He goes to school with our middle son, Liam. Their pre-school is four days a week all day. They both ride a big bus to their school which is 30 minutes away. We live in a big county in Kentucky, so that is why their school is further out. Lucas's first week of school went very well and we know he will continue to do well.
Lucas at his eye exam appointment.
Lucas on his first day of pre-school!
Now that Lucas has started school, that means I only have our baby girl at home during the day. Leliana is definitely enjoying being the only one at home with me. It has been several years since I have had only one kid at home during the school day. I definitely plan to do more toddler/mommy activities in our new area so that I can make some friends.
Thursday was Valentine's Day. I was busy with the kids this past week making their Valentine's Day card boxes as well as their treat bags. All four boys had a wonderful Valentine's Day in their classes at school. Of course, we have a lot of Valentine's Day candy now. The boxes we made were a robot, a Pokeball (from Pokemon), and two cars.
This weekend my family came to visit us. It was their first time seeing our new house. I love when I am able to see my grandparents. My grandparents raised me so they are more like my parents. My grandma's lung cancer recently came back and she started radiation last week. Time with her now is very precious. We believe God has a plan and a purpose for my grandma and her journey with cancer.
Going into this week, the days will be less busy and I can hopefully follow the schedule I set for myself. As I said, I will just go with the flow so I don't feel pressured to put a post out everyday. I hope  you enjoyed reading about our week. I am thankful for my readers and that you all understand that I get busy. I am a mom of 5 kids! I will give myself grace if something doesn't go as planned when it comes to my blog (and anything in life). I am also letting God lead this blog in the direction that He wants me to go with it. I hope my readers see that in the way I write and the topics I write about.

21 comments:

  1. The Valentine's Day boxes look fun!

    We went to The Cheesecake Factory last week too. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter turned 3 in November last year and will be starting school in June. It’s exciting when kids reach their milestones right? So it’s okay to take time off of blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to go with the flow. As a fellow blogger, it can be so overwhleming to follow a schedule especially when you lack inspiration. That's why I always prepare all for months in advance when my inspiration is highest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging shouldn't be a chore, you have to do it when you feel OK to, don't push yourself, do things as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to cheesecake factory as well. It is one of my favourite. Don't restrict yourself to a schedule. Just go with the flow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your family through your grandmother's cancer fight. Keep taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Personally I always try to give myself a project to follow for post programming and what to write, but I also follow the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to worry so much when i was not able to post twice a week as scheduled and then realize that i can't force it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I did not even know about the cheesecake factory, we HAVE to visit according to your review! well done on the great post !
    http://www.kristinesblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kid free time - what’s that? I find when I have kid free time at the moment I just wanna sit in silence and stare at the wall

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely family. Do what you can and God will do the rest. Cheesecake Factory is full of so many scrumptious items. So glad you got some alone time to celebrate Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, your kids are so cute :D I like that cheesecake pic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most of the time I go with the flow especially when it comes to writing, but I use a schedule for promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes, things just happen and you can't follow the schedule. However, that's ok. Just set time to catch back up and don't sweat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard a lot of good feedback about the Cheesecake Factory. It must be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recap of your week. Sorry to hear about your Grandmothers condition its good you are still spending quality time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a blog schedule? Wow! Wish I can do that. I just list my topics but I don't schedule them really. Then I would attend events so the topics get pushed back because I have to write about the events. haha salute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to have blog schedule but I am in between something due to which I am unable to focus on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a great week. Yeah, it's okay to take a break and go with the flow of life from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is true. You cannot worry about doing it every single day. You do need time for yourself and for life to happen. And Valentine's Day with your love sounds like a great place for that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m so sorry 😢 hope things get better for u

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!