Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow Fun

It has been a busy few weeks since I last wrote a blog post. I finally have appointments for most our family out of the way. Establishing new doctors in our new area has definitely take quite a bit of my time over the last few weeks. I also finally have a schedule for our family, first time I have been able to make one since our move three months ago. Now that I have a schedule that means more time for me to write AND invest into my blog. Other than appointments, we have been experiencing winter with cold temperatures.
Lucas and Leliana all bundled up at the grocery store.
My favorite thing about winter is the snow. There is something that is beautiful about a blanket of snow outside your house. If you live in an area where you don't get snow, let me tell you, you are missing out. Where we live, it is a hit or miss on if we will have a winter with heavy snowfalls. So far this winter we have not had a whole lot of accumulation of snow. A few weekends ago we got about 3 inches of snow. I know for those that do live in areas that see a lot of snow that 3 inches isn't that much. To us, that is a significant amount. Ha!
We rounded up our 5 kids and got them bundled up to take them outside to play in the snow. Of course, it takes longer to bundle them up then it does to actually play in the snow. However, this year our kids are older so they seemed to enjoy playing in the snow longer than they have in past winters. It helped that my husband played in the snow with them. I will let the pictures communicate how fun it was for our kids, and for us!
Logan
Landon
Liam
Lucas
Leliana and I
My husband getting ready to throw snowball.
Our older three kids playing with a girl from next door.
I hope you enjoyed our snow pictures. If you aren't in an area with snow, I definitely hope you enjoyed them. We are still getting very cold temperatures. If you are in a place with cold weather, stay WARM!

To tie this back to my faith in God...

I know people don't always enjoy the cold weather or the extreme hot weather. Sometimes I don't always enjoy either of them. I am amazed at how God works. He can make all seasons so very beautiful with snow in the winter, flowers in the spring, the pretty skies in the summer, and the leaves in the fall. Seeing how He makes the seasons beautiful reminds me how big God is. The verses below tie into what I am talking about. When I feel like complaining about whatever season it is, God gives me so many reasons not to. On the day that we played in the snow, God reminded me not to complain, or even worry (something God is really helping with), about the mess of the snow because our kids had so much fun. This day was such a blessing to me! God gave me a positive attitude about something that in the past brought negative feelings. I hope this encourages someone to really take in everything, including the weather and different seasons, and see the beauty that things can hold and see the beauty of how big God is.



19 comments:

  1. All of these snow pictures make my heart so happy! We rarely get snow but I can't wait to have little kiddos to play in it with. Thank you for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so jealous of you, we have had snow for about an hour which didn't settle so far it is supposed to snow tonight but currently raining hard, love your snow pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous we havent had snow this year so far. We had a few flakes but nothing that stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving in the UK now for a couple of years, I miss the 4 seasons repetition so much. We are blessed no matter where we are, nature never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a nature and Im happy if you're enjoying snow there. This is also some kind of experience that we can experience in our life. Your pictures are beautiful and the most beautiful thing is that you are enjoying this time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your kids had lots of fun with the snow! They look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I wish we had snow here! It's so pretty! Sounds like you all have fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snow, too! But we don't get much of it (or winter, for that matter) in Texas. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite the cold there is something so fun about playing in the snow I am glad you have more time to blog and your children alsonhad a fun day playing in the outdoors x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! I love snow too. It doesn't snow in Houston but my home country does snow and I used to love spending time with my family building snowman and just chilling/talking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Playing in the snow is one of the ultimate joys in life, especially with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous! I really want it to snow so that we can have a snow day (I'm a teacher :P)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really shows that they are enjoying themselves in the snow. Their smiles is really priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you get to enjoy the snow! We've been waiting for a warm enough day for the snow to pack to build a giant snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, pretty amazing to see how your guys celebrate winter in your area. We dont have winter here and is all year round summer. To see snow is a luxury thing here because we need to fly many hours to see snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't really get a lot of snow here in Virginia. When we do - my kids are wanting to be out in it for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like you had a great time fun there. I got jealous. I hadn't get a chance to play on such snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never experienced snow till now! Wish I get a chance soon! Your pictures makes me want to have fun with snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A perfect portrait of family fun and happiness. I would love to experience snow, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!