Monday, September 3, 2018

What Do I Do For Myself To Recharge?

If you saw my previous post (check it out here), then you will know I have asked my readers to ask me questions that I will answer once a week. If you would like to ask a question just go to that link and post a comment. It gives me topics to write about as well as allows my readers to get to know me better. I love communicating with my readers and I hope you all will enjoy this new segment/area that I am doing on my blog.

The first question that I was asked was, "What do you do for yourself to recharge?"

As a a wife and mom to five kids you can imagine I get stretched pretty thin. My daily responsibilities include taking care of my husband and 5 kids. I am always doing laundry, doing the dishes, and some sort of cleaning. I also run errands, help with homework, make meals, and keep up with my blog. With my busy schedule recharging my batteries is a MUST. If I do not recharge myself by taking time for myself then it becomes stressful and difficult to take care of the needs of my family. Listed below are my likes, hobbies, and interests that I spend time doing to recharge my batteries.
Big Mac in a bowl is a meal I made a few months ago.
American Flag toast is a snack I made for our kids.
1. I Read My Bible and Trust God
My faith is very important to me. Spending time with God through praying, reading the Bible, and worshipping is the first way I recharge. I do my best to do this every morning because it helps me start my day on a positive note and helps my attitude all throughout the day. I rely on God to help give me the energy I need to take care of my family. My faith is one reason why I have this blog. I enjoy sharing my faith in God with others in hopes that I can touch and encourage one person.
 2. Photography 
If you have read any of my recent posts, you will know I am hoping to succeed in the photography business. Even though I 'work' with photography and take pictures of people, I consider it a hobby and a way that I can destress. Being creative is a way I can recharge myself.
3. Netflix//Hulu Binges
I have a lot of TV shows and movies that I watch on Netflix/Hulu. I will binge watch as another way to recharge. Right now my favorite shows to watch and rewatch are: Full House, Boy Meets World, Last Man Standing, Pretty Little Liars, Young and Hungry, Friends, Gilmore Girls, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Movies that I enjoy watching are pretty much any Disney movie. 

4. Makeup/Nails/Hair
As a busy mom, I don't always do my makeup, nails, and hair everyday. When I do get the chance to, you can bet I take some extra time to get ready. I love makeup (I receive IPSY bags once a month and I love Lipsense). I love doing my nails (Colorstreet and Jamberry). I also love doing my hair (straigtening it and curling it). If you have any products you want me to review regarding makeup, send me an email! I would love to review products you may have, because testing and reviewing products is apart of my interest/hobby when it comes to makeup/nails/hair.
Wearing Luv It by Lipsense,  LA Colors Eyeshadow, Wet n Wild Mascara, Sex Kitten Eye Liner, MAC Face Primer, LA Colors Powder Foundation and Blush.
 5. Writing
Blogging is a way for me to recharge. I love writing and keeping up with my blog. When I can write about our life I feel destressed. Writing is another creative outlet I have other than photography. I hope to continue to grow my blog over the coming months!

6. Spending Time With Family and Friends
Yes I know recharging means I should spend time alone, however spending more time with my family helps me recharge. I love going out to eat with my family or on shopping trip dates with my family. I also recharge by spending time with my girl friends. Having girl time is important for me to destress as well.
Our family at our daughter's birthday party.
With my friends!
With my kids on a road trip!
7. Misc.
Other things that I enjoy doing that I don't get to do often are going to the beach/going on roadtrips, scrapbooking, and making jewelry (I sell beaded jewelry). Two of those things are two more creative outlets for me to destress. If you can't tell, I love being creative. Being creative helps me in all I do as a mom and wife. As you could guess, I have to get creative with how I juggle everything that I do.
At Nag's Head in North Carolina.

Headed to the beach back in May!
Also at Nag's Head.
 8. Dates With My Husband
Going on dates with my husband is important for the both of us to recharge. Being parents to 5 kids can have moments where it is exhausting and chaotic. Going on dates shows our kids that mommy and daddy need time together as well. Making sure we get dates helps us to remember why we fell love and helps us recharge so we can be better parents to our kids.



Those are just 8 ways I take time to recharge and destress. Like I said, as a mom and wife I need to make sure I take care of myself. It is not selfish. It is vital so I can be the best mom and wife I can be for my family. If you are a busy person, make sure you take time for youself, because self care is very important so you don't get too stressed out. 

15 comments:

  1. I loved reading it. It os great to know about life of a blogger, as because we bloggers at some point might cross each other's path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented wish you didn’t have to move and I’m thankful God let me make a great friend like you ty so much for capturing memories of me and my daughter I’m gonna miss you God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you have time to recharge at all! I only have two kids and feel like I'm never get a chance to do anything for myself. Also, love Nag's Head, hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find a way to recharge at least one hour everyday like sleeping while my kids are sleeping, watching my favorite series, taking a bath or eating my favorite food are my simple way to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you have things which help you recharge and it's so important for you to be selfish sometimes and do something to make yourself happy. TV binges and pampering are always winners x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate with the things you mentioned. I also go to the spa and have a pampering session -- I think being able to manifest self love is a very effective way to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer listening music to recharge myself and spend some time in isolation to feel better and more energetic

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an interesting post indeed. You have some really good ways to recharge yourself. I find the ocean really helps me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are awesome ways to recharge. It's almost time for me to start crocheting again. I write and crochet to recharge. Sometimes, when staying home, I lose sight of having purpose. Yes, I'm a mommy and I have great purpose in raising them to be the best that they can be and have a great Christian upbringing, but it's nice to see a finished product and when you publish a post, you see a finished product. When you tie off the last knot in a crocheted project, you see a finished product and it means that I accomplished what I started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great you still go on dates. It's so great for your children to see the importance you place on your relationship. They will internalize this and be able to have successful relationships in the future as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I decided that you were a great person when you said you were watching Pretty Little Liars. Lol, that is definitely one of my top 3 fav shows ever. Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy, but I'm sure you love every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Date nights and staycations are awesome ways to recharge! We love going to local beaches, wineries or farms to relax away from the city. xo, natalie http://nataliastyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its so important for us ladies do unwind because we take so much responsibility! Doing my hair and makeup, photography and netflix help me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doing things you love is great to recharge yourself.
    Loved it.
    Keep sharing more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful post. You seem to be really happy and I hope and wish you even more happiness. Good to know you from close quarters even if virtually :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!