Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hitting the Pause Button

Before you think this a post about movies (because I used the term pause button in my title), let me just say you will not find anything about movies in this post. If you have been reading my recent posts, you will know that my family and I will eventually be moving (hopefully within the next month). My husband got a teaching job which requires a move. Currently my husband drives to where his school is located on Sunday evenings and comes home on Friday evenings (only 2 and 1/2 hours). We will need a home closer to his school so that we can all be together. Being apart during the week has not been good (we've only been doing this for 2 weeks). We are hoping we have a lead on a home (yay!).

I have been writing a lot more lately, which is very therapeutic for me. With everything that is going on with finding a place to live, beginning the packing process (packing things I know we won't need again until we move), and juggling life as being the only parent Monday through Friday, I am finding that keeping up with my blog is becoming slightly difficult. I may still post one post a week to keep my readers up to date. However, I won't be able to do 2-5 posts a week that I had been doing since coming back from my small break. In a way I am hitting the pause button on my blog. Also, if you have been keeping up, then you will know that I started a Q&A area on my blog. I will try to still answer one question a week and incorporate our moving update in that post. I know many of my readers can't wait to have their questions answered (I love that you all asked me so many questions here) and I know many of my readers are following our moving journey (check out the pictures below of some of our boxes that are packed). I will try to do my weekly post on Wednesdays. Check back every Thursday to see if I have posted. If I haven't, at least this post tells you why.

I hope my readers are doing well. I ask you all to send us good thoughts and prayers that we find a new home quickly and that everything with our move goes smoothly. I believe in the power of prayer. Prayer is why my husband finally has a teaching and why our lives are changing for the better. God is good! He has a plan that is far better than ours. As crazy as our life will be in the next month or so, we know it will all come together, because our God is in control! If you are going through anything like we are (check out the verses below that have been helping me), just remember blessings are amazing and to keep the faith, hope, and love through anything!


Using color duct tape to color code boxes.
A big black sharpie marker is very handy!







27 comments:

  1. I wish you and your family the best of times. The verses are inspiring and your Faith is worthy of note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishes for a smooth move. While our last move was almost 12 years ago, I do recall the effort it takes (and the unpacking took months!) (vidya tiru)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that writing is therapeutic for you. Keep on sharing! I'm praying for your beautiful family. May God bless your new life in the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what you've gotta do. Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family all the best with the move. I do believe that God is in control, thank you for being really encouraging even with all these things that are happening in your life. Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here... writing becomes very therapeutic for me, and it keeps me sane. Moving comes with a lot of work and adjustment but you’d cope up in no time. What’s important is you make togetherness your utmost priority. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's always good to take a pause in between. I have stopped writing at multiple places. In fact, I don't even want to share my links everywhere. I'm tired of the race. I have decided to just keep writing and publishing and the rest can take it's course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you and your family well! I will be praying for y’all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you and your family! :) What I love about moving is that I get to meet new people and get to have new experiences, too. I hope you find your moving a positive experience. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers go to your family. Great to learn that your husband has gotten a teaching job. God is good and keep having faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move. I know moves are not easy--we've done many of them--but everything always works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, congrats on your husbands new job!
    Secondly, taking a pause is always good, especially if there is something as big as a move coming up. It's good to focus the energy we have to where it's needed. I'm wishing you all the best with this move and the new job and that it all turns out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your husbands new job! Moving can be sostressful, but in the end it will be worth it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the move! As stressful as it is, I always try to look at it as a fresh start! Once you are settled it will feel worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you lock with the move and hope you find somewhere suitable soon. It sounds like it's going to be a busy time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow sweety. Wish you a very good luck. Sendung good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on your husband's new job! that's fantastic! the most important is that you feel good and take time for yourself and what matters to you. hitting the pause button can really help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe in the power of prayer and appreciate your willingness to share your faith. Wishing you well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Embrace new things I say and I pray that you and your family find a new amazing home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's so important to know when it's time to slow down. There is nothing wrong with it at all! No need to push yourself past the breaking point and all facets of your life suffer. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Moving to a new place can be so hectic but at the same time, great to experience a new environment. So, I definitely wish you all the best in finding a better home that you may make better memories.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Moving is not an easy process, but I am glad that it will bring your family together. My fiance and I lived across the country from one another for seven months. It made me appreciate my time with him even more (although, I am so very glad that we now live together).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck on your move! It can be scary at first but there will be great adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you all will get to be together! Good luck with the move, and remember to take care of yourself as moving can be stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Good to hear you will at least be doing the one post a week. I remember when I was doing 4 and at some point I just ended up hitting a wall. But you will get back to it. Still look forward to hearing your weekly updates.

    ReplyDelete
  26. God i know how hard it is to move, I have been doing this for ever and now am getting used to it lol . All the best for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sure hope you guys find the best house that's near your child's school. It's definitely going to be easier for your family. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find one soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!