Monday, October 6, 2014

More Words and Less Worries

Many of my readers know that my middle son, Landon, has microtia of his right ear. He has been wearing a BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) for almost 10 months (hard to believe a year is coming soon!). Many readers also know that he struggles with speech issues so he is in Kentucky's First Steps Program for Speech Therapy as well as Occupational Therapy. Both are helping him greatly. We also work with Landon as well.

Back in May/June he began saying a few words: hello, hi, and ball. He was and still is signing: please, more, thank you, and all done. In the past few weeks Landon has been saying two word sentences which is a huge step for him! I am one proud momma! He now says: help me, out, in, high five, hi mama, hi dad, book, and car. He still says hello, hi, and ball and still signs the words I already mentioned that he had been signing. I am breathing a sigh of relief for sure because I was getting myself so worried about Landon. I also knew at the same time that he would develop at his own rate, we just had to keep working with him. Now that he is making a lot of progress, I am worrying less.

As I have mentioned in other posts, I struggle with worry so I am beginning to worry less about a lot and just enjoy things as they come. One of them is Landon saying more words. I trust God and I know God is also shaping Landon so it is in God's timing too that Landon will talk. Nothing will ever happen in my time frame because God has things better planned that I could ever imagine. I just have to stop worrying, keep trusting and keep the faith.

 Here are a few pictures of Landon over the past few weeks. He is such a happy almost 2 year old. He loves his BAHA and he also loves his new baby brother as well as his older brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!