Tuesday, June 17, 2014

We've Got Ears Pt. 2

Logan and Landon enjoy watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I don't have qualms over it because it is educational. Yesterday when they were watching it, the line 'we've got ears!' blared through the TV. Logan starts talking about ears and asks, "I have ears, right?" I respond with "Yes you do." He then says, "You've got ears, right?" Again, I responded with "Yes." What he said next stopped me in my tracks and I've not been able to let go of it because it is too good to let go. He said, "Landon has two ears, right?" I responded (almost tearfully), "Yes he does."

As many of you know who follow me and Landon's journey with having a deformed ear, you know he does have one good ear and one ear that is not all formed.  That moment that Logan said Landon had two ears seemed to make my world just stop. Logan is 3. He doesn't see imperfections. Actually, all little kids don't see imperfections. It brought me to a place where I know I need to be. Logan doesn't see the dust that needs to be dusted. Yet, somehow I do. Logan doesn't see the dirty dishes. Yet, somehow I do. Logan's doesn't see the dirt on the floor. Yet, somehow I do. What came out of Logan's mouth yesterday was from God. God uses Logan a lot to help me be a better mom, wife, friend, daughter, etc. The message was very clear yesterday. I need to stop looking for imperfections and realize everything is perfect. What I see as imperfections are perfections to God. That goes for things other than housework. That applies to people I meet and interact with in the community. It even applied to my own family.

God doesn't want us to worry about the imperfections of this world because He has made things perfect already. The imperfections of this world don't even come close to the perfections that are waiting for us in Heaven. Today, I challenge you to see that things are already perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!