Monday, April 29, 2013

Cincinnati Trip and More

Since the last time I blogged a lot has happened.

Landon had his 4 month well check up on 4/17. His weight was 16lbs. and 12oz. He is in the 50th percentile for weight. His height is 25 and 1/4 inches. He is in the 25th percentile for height. His head circumference is 44 and 1/2 cm. and that puts him in the 95th percentile for his head. He took his shots like a champ.

Now, I seem to be feeling okay. We finally were able to go to Cincinnati for Landon's first appointment for his ear. The trip up was a long but once there we were able to find the hospital and where we were supposed to take Landon. The doctor we saw was named, Dr. Daniel Choo. He is wonderful! He gave us a lot of reassurance that Landon will develop normally. For now, Dr. Choo wants to see him every 6 months. In 6 months when we go again they will do a kidney ultrasound (this is because the ears and kidney's form at the same time in the womb and they want to do it as precautionary), an MRI and CT Scan of his head. The doctor poked and prodded at Landon's ear and they could feel he has an opening (like when you stick your finger in your ear there is an opening) but Landon's is just closed off due to his ear being deformed. The doctor did diagnosis him with Grade III Microtia. In my last blog entry I posted a link because we had a feeling that is exactly what they would say (I did research before hand).

In the time that I blogged I found a support group on Facebook for parents/families of those with Microtia. It feels amazing to know we are not alone with Landon having this and we have heard so many success stories of children succeeding in education and developing. We have seen already successful ear reconstruction surgeries. We feel very positive about Landon's ear. I love having this blog to jot down my thoughts for the public to read. I hope to be able to help somebody going through something similar.

This morning Landon had an ultrasound of his head because when he went for his 4 month well check the doctor said he had a head lag. I will call his pediatrician in a few days to find out the results.

The past month has been very hectic with our family being sick and other challenges. Yesterday I heard the song One Thing Remains. Here is what I put as my Facebook status: "Higher than the mountains that I face. Stronger than the power of the grave. Constant through the trial and the change. One thing remains...Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me." This reminds me I should not lose faith. With all the challenges I have faced, God has been there and I must not give up because He does not give up on me. My blog is titled FaithHopeLove and recently I have been in a lot of doubt. That song reminded me, I have nothing to doubt. My faith must remain strong because God does not give up on me.

Now that we have Landon taken care of and Logan is over the flu, now we have to make sure I stay well. In the past month I have been sick twice. I am seeing my gastroenterologist tomorrow and hopefully he will be able to help more so that I don't keep getting sick. My family and I are ready for a healthy streak!

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks and of our trip to Cincinnati.

Spring Family Pictures!


Sleeping At Church
At a Birthday Party!
Morning of his shots.
Landon's Ear...as you can see it is folded in. Grade III Microtia is the diagnosis.
4 months old on 4/6.
Brothers!



On the road to Cincinnati!
On the road!
The Cincinnati Children's Hospital Sign
Logan loved playing with this toy in the waiting room.
Landon waiting to be seen by Dr. Choo.
Sleeping peacefully after Cincinnati.
Logan helped the urgent care doctor for Mommy.
He is ready to help!

Landon loves his exersaucer!
Waiting for his ultrasound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!