Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Knocked Down? Get Back Up!

I have not written a post in about a week because I got knocked down with a horrible cold/sinus infection. It really took all of my energy and made me really tired, even too tired to write. Being pregnant and sick at the same time really is no fun and of course made being sick even harder. When you are pregnant and sick, you are limited to what you can take for it. I finally was able to get some pregnancy safe medicine for my sinuses and something to also treat allergies/drainage. My sweet husband also took very good care of me while I was sick. He definitely takes the in sickness and in health parts of our vows seriously. I am now feeling a lot better!

I definitely blame the crazy weather. It was cold, then warm, then back to cold, and now it is warm again. This weather is definitely not like February Kentucky weather. Sicknesses aside, a positive out of the weather not being as bad is that there have not been very many snow days. Not very many snow days mean that the kids will get out of school on time and have a long and enjoyable summer.  Even teachers can get on board with that as well!

One thing I do like about being sick is that I have a lot of time to pray, think, seek what God wants me to learn, etc. Something I learned this time around is that even though I get knocked down physically, mentally, emotionally, etc, I don't have to stay down. I can and I must get back up and keep going.  Really, that is true about anything that may knock us down in life. We don't have to let our sicknesses take over. We don't have to let our weaknesses take over. We don't have to let our hurts take over. We don't have to let our sins of the past take over. We can find the strength, with God, to get back up and let Him take over whatever has knocked us down. He will give us the strength to rise up and not to stay down. I love that about God. I love that if I feel weak, He is strong. I love how God will carry me and hold me. He is always there to carry me and hold me. It is so easy to allow ourselves to stay knocked down because we run out of strength. Once we let God help us up, we can find that is easy to let Him help us get up, which is what God wants to do.

I don't know if you have been knocked down recently, or in the past. Don't stay down, get back up. I hope my nugget that God spoke to me while I was sick encouraged you in some way. Let God work in you, because He will work in you. He does a wonderful job at working in our lives everyday. He does a wonderful job at holding us up when we can't hold ourselves up. That is also my prayer for anyone who reads this, that God will lift you up and you can get back up from whatever may have knocked you down. Let the following verses encourage you as well.









32 comments:

  1. I hate getting sick! I'm so glad youre doing better! I love these inspirational scriptures! I just started over on my bible and I'm starting a new journal with all the scripture verses that relate to my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were ill, that is no fun! Love your scripture choices here! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not have to stay knocked down, we must continue to get back up and continue on. Life will knock us down in a variety of ways, we will lose our strength but God will give us strength and carry us when we are unable to do it on our own. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear u have been ill I hope ur feeling at least a little better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree it's definitely the weathers fault I don't seem t have been well either since before Christmas and looking forward to summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we are down it's good to pull ourselves back up, sometimes it isn't easy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I had the flu all last week, so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love this! Thanks for the godly encouragement! I was sick too, and the weather is part to blame

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are fully recovered now! Thanks for the motivating quotes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally feel for you. I had a terrible chest infection during my last pregnancy and a virus which lasted weeks. it was just awful and wiped me out completely and with a 3 year old to look after and a huge bump it can be dreadful! Worse there is nothing safe to take for it! Look after yourself - lots of iron, vitamin C and Manuka x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes being sick can be the only time people take time out, relax and think about things x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely agree with you, when you get knocked down, you need to stay strong and get back up again x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great inspirations! Feel better hopefully spring is on the horizon

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you're feeling better. It's tough when you're pregnant because medicine is generally off limits and it's a suffer and endure process.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell but I really hope that you feel better soon lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear taht you've been unwell, feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sorry you have been unwell lovely, but true we all need to get back up x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Inspirational stuff, it's horrible to feel ill and go through tough times and it's great to get a few simple but lovely words like this to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes when we are knocked down, it is hard to get back on track, but we must try and do it as quickly as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my .. as I type this I have my Kleenex by my side. I hear you on the sick part. I'm glad you're feeling better. Thanks for reminding us that there are better days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear you have felt so unwell. I literally did get knocked down by a car just before Xmas. My whole world seemed to come crashing in. Then after about a week I thought about everything I was grateful for, I dusted myself off and pushed myself to be stronger. It took 7 weeks to get back to a normality but I learnt to have faith and believe I can be strong. Take care X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear that you have been ill! totally agree with getting back up it makes a difference

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not nice to know you've been ill! But love this post - very encouraging!
    Kayleigh x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you feel better soon, just remember it's only a bad day & not a bad life. Keep smiling xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't get ill often but I hate it when I do I don't have the time or patience for it. I always push through but then with 3 children plus hubby I haven't a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this and hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry you were sick, hope you are feeling much better now and that the weather makes up its mind! Its kinda like that here in the UK, but no snow for us.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope you are feeling better now! God certainly helps you in mysterious ways!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you are feeling better now, it is the time of year for lots of colds and snuffles.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so agree with you about the weather making lots sick around here as well. Hope you start feeling better soon. God is so wonderful he knows what we need before we do
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sorry to here you've been ill, it's especially miserable when you are pregnant but glad you found things to help

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    verse of the day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!