Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Chicken Noodle Soup

I have to share this and thought many of my readers will love this. Many of my friends know that I don't cook meals from scratch very often. When I do, sometimes they can be disastrous. Tonight, I made chicken noodle soup. I attempted to follow a recipe, however, the way I ended up cooking it was in a different order. It still came out very delicious!

Ingredients I Used:
1-2 Cups Chopped Carrots
1-2 Cups Chopped Celery
1-2 Cups Fresh Corn From the Cob
1/2 of an Onion
Basil (I eyeballed all of my seasonings)
Pepper
Chicken Seasoning
Salt
Sage
Garlic Powder
5-6 Cups Water
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2-3 Chicken Breasts or Chicken Leg Quarters
Any Kind of Noodle You Want (I Used Penne Noodles)

I started with chopping everything up and dividing them into bowls. Once that was done I boiled water for my noodles and cooked the noodles according to the directions. I cooked my chicken in a pan with some oil. I cooked it until it was all the way cooked. Once the noodles were done I drained the water and added my water and chicken brother. I then added my seasonings and vegetables. After the chicken was done I added the chicken. I let cook/simmer for about 30 minutes (I actually lost track of time because the boys were getting fussy so I fixed them left overs).
Despite some of my mess ups it turned out really good! Even my husband thought it was delicious!
I served with bread but of course you can serve it with whatever suits you!

I know I don't write about recipes very often but I thought I would write about this one.:)
I also didn't get a picture but it looked like every other chicken noodle soup! :)

Let me know if you all try this and how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment