Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Chicken Noodle Soup

I have to share this and thought many of my readers will love this. Many of my friends know that I don't cook meals from scratch very often. When I do, sometimes they can be disastrous. Tonight, I made chicken noodle soup. I attempted to follow a recipe, however, the way I ended up cooking it was in a different order. It still came out very delicious!

Ingredients I Used:
1-2 Cups Chopped Carrots
1-2 Cups Chopped Celery
1-2 Cups Fresh Corn From the Cob
1/2 of an Onion
Basil (I eyeballed all of my seasonings)
Pepper
Chicken Seasoning
Salt
Sage
Garlic Powder
5-6 Cups Water
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2-3 Chicken Breasts or Chicken Leg Quarters
Any Kind of Noodle You Want (I Used Penne Noodles)

I started with chopping everything up and dividing them into bowls. Once that was done I boiled water for my noodles and cooked the noodles according to the directions. I cooked my chicken in a pan with some oil. I cooked it until it was all the way cooked. Once the noodles were done I drained the water and added my water and chicken brother. I then added my seasonings and vegetables. After the chicken was done I added the chicken. I let cook/simmer for about 30 minutes (I actually lost track of time because the boys were getting fussy so I fixed them left overs).
Despite some of my mess ups it turned out really good! Even my husband thought it was delicious!
I served with bread but of course you can serve it with whatever suits you!

I know I don't write about recipes very often but I thought I would write about this one.:)
I also didn't get a picture but it looked like every other chicken noodle soup! :)

Let me know if you all try this and how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!