Saturday, November 1, 2014

Homeschooling Hardcore

I am super excited! The reason why is because I'm putting priorities first and I am going to begin to home school Logan and Landon hardcore. I am their number one teacher. No more slacking off or using the excuse that I just had a baby. I am beginning this month to get into homeschooling even more with both Logan and Landon. My mother in law sent me an awesome link (found on the word link) to a website that will help me plan lessons, give me book ideas, give me craft ideas, give me teaching ideas, and ultimately the best thing about it is that it is a Christian curriculum. Incorporating our values with learning is very important to me. The site has curriculum from 2-5 years old. I am so happy about there being stuff for 2 year olds because I can work with Landon as well. He has felt left out in the past few months because stuff I planned was above his age. I am so thankful for the above website.

Something else I am very thankful is Pinterest. There are some amazing craft ideas and I have found many in the past. I believe skills can be taught through crafts so it is important that I plan a few crafts a week to do with Logan and Landon. In order to spend this much time homeschooling I am focusing solely on homeschooling and nothing else. I am hoping to be able to have everything I need for each age curriculum by the time Liam is 2. I know homeschooling them at this age is very good and will get them (hopefully) ahead of where they need to be when they start school (unless we decide to homeschool until they graduate high school).

Readers, I need prayers and support. Logan, I have noticed, gets very distracted while learning so I keep having to redirect his attention back to what we are doing. Landon gets frustrated since he is just starting this 'school' thing. I need patience first and foremost and I need strength to not slack off anymore. I am so thankful for my husband who will also help me to stay strengthened and who will encourage me to not slack off and stick with this every day.

Logan is already in pre-school two days a week at our elementary school so I will only homeschool him 3 days a week. I will homeschool Landon everyday (unless Liam, Landon, or myself has a doctor's appointment). 

Here is a look at what we did Wednesday and Friday (Thursday, Logan was in pre-school at our elementary school). On Wednesday we made Christian jack-o-lanterns based on a poem which is posted below. Friday we did a fall pumpkin color collage. I let both boys handle the glue by themselves. It was a little messy but it was fun and helped them broaden their crafting skills.
Here is the jack-o-lantern poem:
I am a Jack O Lantern
My lights will shine so bright
For I'm a Christian pumpkin
My symbols tell what's right

My nose is like the cross
On which our Savior died
To set us free from sin
We need no longer hide
My mouth is like a fish
The whole wide world to show
That Christians live in this house
And love their Savior so!
The story starts at Christmas
My eyes are like the star
That shone on Baby Jesus
And wise men saw from far
My color, it is orange
Just like the big bright sun
That rose on Easter Day
Along with God's own Son
And so on Halloween
Let's set our pumpkins out
And tell the trick or treaters
What God's love is all about!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!