Thursday, December 5, 2013

Got The Call!

This morning at 9:30 a.m., the audiologist from Cincinnati called and told me that our insurance approved Landon's BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid). She said he can be fitted for it on December 18th! We will be going in less than two weeks to pick up his BAHA! It will be a late 1st Birthday present and an early Christmas present. I am so very excited! Of course, I will keep my readers updated!
On another note, Landon turns ONE tomorrow! I baked his cake/cupcakes for his party. I am very excited and can't believe he will be ONE!
Since I am writing on the eve of his birth/birthday, let me take you back to last year. My in laws came in late on December 5, 2012 to stay with Logan while Rob and I went to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. I had to be there at 6 so they could prep me for a repeat C-section. The doctor was running behind so what we thought would be a 7:30 a.m. C-section turned into a 9 a.m. C-section. Rob and I were both tired so we took a snooze in my hospital room. It was good to rest but I was also in and out of sleep with anticipation in meeting my little boy. I was nervous. My birth experience with Logan (09-04-2010) was a little scary. With Logan, I had an emergency C-section due to the fact that he had stopped moving in utero and the heart monitors I had while they observed me with Logan showed his active heart rate was flat meaning he was in distress. With Logan, they had to whisk him away to the NICU and I didn't get to see him until after my recovery from my C-section. Logan had swallowed the meconium (bowel movement inside the womb) and he got a little bit of a lung infection. He was in the NICU for a week. We didn't get to take Logan home until 9-11-10.
 Fast forward to Landon. On the morning of Landon's birth while waiting to go in for my C-section I was nervous and excited. The moment had come and they took me into surgery. They gave me my spinal (which only took half way and I could feel everything on the left side of my uterus while my doctor was doing the C-section). The anesthesiologist kept pushing pain medicine for me so I was on top of the world. When Landon came out at 9:23 a.m. on 12/6/12, I heard the words a deformed ear and my mind had flashbacks to Logan being in the NICU. Once I came out of the pain medicine a little bit, I asked if Landon was in the NICU and the nurse told me no, they just had to take him and clean him up and run some tests. Finally about 30 minutes after my C-section I was able to kangaroo hold my precious baby boy, something I could not do with Logan. I got to feed Landon his first bottle, again something I couldn't do with Logan. I remember thinking while holding him, that he was perfect and I remember praying to let Landon's ear not be something that people focus on. Fast forward to today, nobody notices Landon's ear. They only notice his big beautiful brown eyes. For that, I am very thankful. I am so thankful that the doctors knew that something was wrong with Landon's ear and knew exactly who to send us to so we can help him. I know I say this in every post, but I am so thankful for Landon's doctors in Cincinnati and here in Kentucky.
My baby boy isn't a baby anymore. He is growing up and trying to walk. He always has to keep up with his big brother. It is so hard to believe that he will be ONE here in about 40 minutes.
Seeing Landon for the first time.

 Kangaroo hold.

The blue cupcakes for his party!


 He is a silly, silly kid.

Last day being 11 months old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!