Friday, November 29, 2013

Very Blessed

Rob, Logan, Landon, and I got invited to a friend's house yesterday for Thanksgiving. We had a great time together. They (Daryl and Miranda) have two boys around the same age as Logan and Landon so the boys definitely had fun. They also conspired against us and decided a nap yesterday was not necessary which made for some cranky boys. Nonetheless we had fun and were thankful for spending the day with friends rather than by ourselves.
It was also Landon's first Thanksgiving. It didn't feel like it should be because he will be ONE next Friday! It is safe to say that Landon's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because it involves his favorite thing: FOOD! Landon could eat until there is no tomorrow. As a friend of mine says, he is a bottomless pit!
We got home last night around 7 and put the boys to bed. Rob and I got into a new show in Netflix called The Hart of Dixie and I am in love with the show already (after watching two episodes). I was thankful to spend time with my amazing husband. Today, he is working at Verizon and selling phones! I am home with the boys; I am not attempting to go out today. I am simply not brave enough. Instead I am going to do some housework and make another batch of baby wipes!
As I am sitting here enjoying some quiet time while the boys nap (today they decided to nap), I just can't help but think how blessed I am. I am thankful for 2013 and all of the events, whether positive or negative. People looking from the outside probably wonder why I am thankful for 2013 because it was rather a hard year for my family. I am thankful for 2013 because through all of the ups and down, I was taught strength, patience, faithfulness, contentment, satisfaction, and self-control. Being taught all of those things, outweigh everything negative that happened to my family this year. I am very blessed that God put people in my life this year to help teach me those things. I am very blessed that God keeps working on our hearts no matter what. I am very blessed to be loved and accepted by people and God even when I think I am unfit to be loved and accepted. That is why I am thankful for 2013.
I hope as we enter the last month of 2013, that everyone realizes how blessed they are and that they only focus on the blessings from 2013.
Happy Thanksgiving (a day late) and Merry Christmas (a little early)! May 2014 bring even more amazing things to your life than 2013.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!