Friday, February 8, 2013

Home Sweet Home and Two Months Old!

On Wednesday it had been a week since Landon got home from being in the hospital for three weeks! His first week back home went very well! He is eating pretty good and he is sleeping great. We are still suctioning out his nose as needed because we don't want him getting congested and sick again. Logan was still in Ohio this past week so I used this week to catch up on laundry and get things organized again. As of right now all of the laundry is clean and put away. Every room in the house is clean and organized. We shall see how long it lasts. :)

Landon turned two months old on Wednesday. And yesterday he had his two month well visit check up. Landon weighs 12lbs. even, is 22 and 1/2 inches long, and has a head circumference of 40.5 cm. He is in the 50th percentile for both weight and height and in the 90th percentile for his head circumference. We have a chunky monkey on our hands. :) Landon also got five shots yesterday but he took them all like a champ.

Logan comes home this evening and we are very excited to finally have him home as well! He has definitely missed us and we have missed him. Tomorrow I am going to do nothing but cuddle both of my boys. That is all I have planned to do tomorrow. Sunday will be our first day together as a family and I plan to enjoy every minute of it!

I went to talk to my boss today and I will be returning to work (I work at a daycare) on February 18th. Logan will be returning to daycare and Landon will be going for the first time. I know Logan will be happy to see his friends again. I might be a little sad turning Landon over to the care of someone else. When I started working at the daycare Logan was a little over 11 months old and I was a wreck that first day. I had stayed home with Logan and I was also still in college so Logan and I bonded really well since in essence I was a stay at home mom when he was an infant. With Landon I have only stayed home through my maternity leave but most of it was him being sick. I think I will do better than I did with Logan. I know both Logan's teacher and Landon's teacher so I know they both will be well taken care of. On my down time I will get to go check in on my both boys.

Lots of exciting things are happening in our house. More than anything we will finally get into a routine and hopefully have things settle down with everyone's health. We deserve a period of time to relax and enjoy things without any stress.

We are very blessed to have gotten through these past six months. It was a long six months with my Crohns flaring in the middle of my pregnancy, being put on bed rest, moving to a new house, the holidays, Landon being born, and Landon getting sick. The only way we made it through was by our faith in God. We believe He will see us through anything. And He saw us through! God remained ever powerful through it all. Rob and I learned more about God and we grew in our individual relationship with God as well as in our marriage. People ask me how I stayed so strong and it is because of my faith in God. He is my rock. Psalm 18:2, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." I can say God delivered us through. For that, I am thankful.

Here are pictures of Landon from this past week. As you can see he is looking a lot better and stronger too!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!