Saturday, December 29, 2012

This Is The Start Of A New Beginning

2012 has been a whirlwind of changes for my family. We found out in April we were expecting our second child. Our first son, Logan, turned 2 in September and he has been struggling with the infamous 'terrible two's'. He is a character and has developed so much from the start of 2012 to the end of 2012.

My pregnancy was rough (see previous blog post) but God had his hand in my pregnancy and our second son, Landon Donald was born via c-section at 9:23 a.m. on December 6, 2012. Little did we know God was forming Landon even more special than we could have hoped. Landon was born was an ear deformity. His right ear is folded in. The doctor says he might have been laying on his right side while I was pregnant or a piece of the amniotic sac might have gotten wrapped around his ear during the formation of his ear. While we were in the hospital they performed a hearing test (it is required by law now) and he passed the hearing test in both ears. That does not guarantee that everything is okay internally in his ear.

Landon's pediatricians (also Logan's pediatricians), Dr. Stevens, Dr. Craig, and Dr. Potter from the Ashland Children's Clinic in Ashland, Kentucky have referred us to Cincinnati Children's Hospital and we will be seeing a pediatric ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor. I have titled this blog what I did because it fits. I will be blogging a lot more and updating about Landon's ear to update all my friends at once and in hopes to connect with other parents that have gone through a similar experience and to help parents who may in the future go through what my husband (Rob) and I will be going through with Landon.

Our first appointment is January 11, 2013 at 10 a.m. Rob and I are quite nervous because we do not know what to expect when it comes to how many appointments we will have to make and the uncertainty of knowing if everything internally is alright with Landon's ear. Also later in Landon's life he will need surgery to construct his ear to match the left ear. I hope blogging about this journey will be beneficial and helpful, not just to me, but to others. I hope to also let my faith in God shine through this experience. While I do have health issues myself (Crohn's), this is new territory for me, seeing one of my children having a health issue. I will be relying heavily on a wonderful creator who created Landon and has a plan for his little life. As hard as it is to trust that God can see so far into the future, I know that is the only thing I can do, to trust God. He is faithful and he knows what he is doing.



Here are a few pictures from the first few weeks. I will post more pictures later.
This first picture is of his ear that is deformed.

This second picture is of when he was born!

This third picture is after he got checked out in the nursery. I got to do the kangaroo care and LOVED it. I highly recommend it!

 One of his hospital pictures. I love this one the best!

 Brothers! Logan is liking Landon more and more every day!

 Our first family photo on Christmas eve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!