Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Even More Faith

The beginning of August was rough in this pregnancy. At 21 weeks I began getting really sick and throwing up. It was about 2 weeks into August (23 weeks in my pregnancy) I had to admit it was not pregnancy but my Crohn's that was flaring up on top of being pregnant. All my symptoms pointed to a flare up. My doctor said that auto immune diseases can either go into remission (mine did when I was pregnant with Logan) or flare up (mine did this pregnancy). I was admitted to the hospital for what seemed like an eternity. I was given medicine to control the pain and the symptoms. I was prescribed medicine to take once I was released as well to control my symptoms at home. My doctor switched me to a new treatment called Remicade and my OB put me on bed rest until baby Landon comes.
My body needs to heal and be stress free. I have been on bed rest and home for almost 3 weeks now. I have had two Remicade treatments and I can feel like I am getting back to normal. My appetite has come back, however I am still nauseous at times but until the Remicade (doctor said it will take 4-6 weeks to really get into my system) kicks in I will still be a little nauseous and sore in my stomach. I am glad to be home. Being in the hospital was not fun especially since my husband was left without Super Mom to care for our (then almost 2) 2 year old son.
We are away from family so it made things much harder but thankfully we are members of an excellent church and we have made excellent friends while being here at Kentucky Christian University that between the two we were able to get the help we need and we still are getting help since I am on bed rest. We have had people bring us dinner and help clean our home.
We are just so very thankful for the people God has placed in our lives and through this experience I can say I was never mad or angry at God but rather my faith grew so much more. My faith in a God that I always knew was big grew and God is even bigger to me than He was before I got sick. I keep getting glimpses of how big He is and it helps me to know everything will be okay because God has a plan. I hope to blog more about my journey with Crohns/Colitis but for now I need to go rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!