Tuesday, November 20, 2018

We Are Settled (Mostly)

I have not written in a few weeks because we moved to our new house on October 27th. We went a week without internet. For the past two weeks I have been unpacking boxes and getting our new house to feel more like home. We are for the most settled into our new home. We absolutely love it! We went from a three bedroom home to a FIVE bedroom home. We have so much more space in our new home.

I wanted to share some pictures of our first Halloween in our new home. Yes, I know I am really late with a Halloween post. Just keep reading and scrolling though. Thisyear we had a Lego Ninjago, Buzz Lightyear, Batman, a firefighter, and a bumblebee. Even though we had only been at our new house for 4 days, we were able to get the kids all dressed up and we found a local trunk or treat to take them to. In the first picture you can probably see the empty boxes behind the chair that our oldest is sitting in.

Our 8 year old as a Lego Ninjago character.

Our 5 year old as Buzz Lightyear.

Our 4 year old as Batman.

Our 2 year old as a firefighter.

Our 1 year old as a bumblebee.
Again, I know I was really late with a Halloween post. I hope all of my readers had a fun Halloween.

This week, here in the United States we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. It is a favorite here in the United States because there is so much delicious food. We will be traveling to my husband's mom's house to spend Thanksgiving with my husband's family.

Last week, I did a Thanksgving craft with our three kids that are not in school yet. They made a turkey, of course. They really had fun painting and creating a turkey. Here are pictures of them painting and the finished turkey. I found the idea on Pinterest so if you are looking for a Thanksgiving craft to do with little kids, definitely check out Pinterest for ideas, or even use the one I did for our three little ones.

Materials needed for this Turkey craft:
1. White paper
2. Sponge cut in thin rectangles
3. Red, yellow, orange, and brown paint
4. A bowl (to cut a circle shape)
5. Brown orange construction paper
6. Black marker
7. Red marker
8. Scissors
9. Pencil
10. Glue

 Steps for making this Turkey craft:
1. Have your chilren paint with the sponge rectangles. Just have them stamp their paper with the sponge until the paper is mostly full with paint or until they are done painting.
2. Let the paint dry.
3. When the paint is dry use the bowl to trace a circle out of the paper and then cut the circle shape out.
4. Take the brown construction and make a turkey shaped head. Cut the turkey shaped head out and assist your children in gluing it on the circle shape.
5. Take the orange construction paper and make a triangle shaped nose. Assist your children in gluing the nose on.
6. Assist your children in making eyes with the black marker and assist them in making the red thing that hangs from the turkey's nose.
7. Give your kids a snack because after making this craft they may want a snack. As you can see, our kids wanted a snack. 


I hope you enjoyed reading about this Thanksgiving craft. I also hope you enjoyed seeing how we celebrated Halloween. After Thanksgiving I will share some pictures of our new home. Keep a look out for that post. Write in the comments what your Thanksgiving plans are and your favorite Thanksgiving food!

I hope all of my readers have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! May it be filled with faith, hope, and love.

I will leave you with a gorgeous sunset from our porch. We live more in the country so we have such beautiful scenery here.


19 comments:

  1. That is an awesome view! The craft for the holidays looks like it would be lots of fun for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most adorable post! Your kids were too cute in their outfits, and I love the Turkey craft project idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the charactes in your costumes! Especially Buzz!!! And the craft is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Those characters are lovely. That crafts looks like a funny activity for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Looks like a bunch of fun! Halloween and Xmas is always a busy and fun time in our house lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time on Halloween and your thanksgiving activity too. I bet the kids just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis looks like a fun craft to make! My daughter would love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always takes so long to settle in after a move. Those costumes look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing photos of your lovely children! I hope they enjoy their new neighborhood and make lifelong friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best in moving to your new home. Your kids are so adorable in their Halloween costumes. We don't celebrate thanksgiving here but it's always a blessing to gather and have dinner with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always stressful moving home, but glad you are now settled love the pics of your halloween

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness those Turkey crafts are so cute! I SO look forward to doing those things with our baby that is going to be born in April :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great costumes! I'm sure that move is keeping you super busy, but it seems like the kids haven't noticed. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new house, your kids looks so cute and I loved the craft ideas

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was born, raised and is still living in the city. I long for the day that we can move out to the quiet suburbs or out in the country where life is more laid-back. I love that sunset view from your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, congratulations on your new home. You must be excited moving from 3 bedrooms house to 5 bedroom house. I've enjoyed reading your post, thanksgiving crafts and how you guys celebrated Halloween. I will be waiting to see your new house photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see you guys had a wonderful time. Love the handcrafts stuff, we love all type of handcrafts over here. BTW, congrats on the new house, sure there will be plently more memorable moments to come.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new house! It must have been difficult but happy. Love the turkey craft, will do this with my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is your little bumblebee!!! I love to make handcraft stuff on Christmas with my nephew for Santa!! ;)
    And I'm so jealous of you, I wish I can move out to a big house with my boyfriend but we have to wait a little bit more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!