Friday, July 15, 2016

Smiling and Kind Words

We have all heard the phrase, "Turn that frown upside down." People say that because smiling is so much better than frowning. Smiling can not only help someone else feel better but it can help you feel better too. I have also heard, "Always smile because you never know who is watching you." I find that to be very true, especially as a mom. I would rather have my boys see me smile than frowning. If I am in a good mood than my boys will be in a good mood as well.

I definitely think God wants us to smile more than frown. God tells us to be kind and I think the root to being kind is being in a good mood. When you are kind, you are more apt to loving others better. In a world full of heartache, we need to love each other. I definitely think it starts by being kind and smiling at others.



Even saying uplifting things to one another is a way for us to be kind, to show love, and to help be a positive light in a world that is dark. Words can be hurtful, but if we are kind and gentle with our words then they don't have to be hurtful. This world already has enough hurt.



I don't know what situation you are facing. I am not sure if you have been a victim of someone who has been rude or hateful to you. Know this, God loves you. God meets you where you are. As a Christian I am called to love others the way God loves, so I love you as well. Find ways to be positive and to be bigger than the negative things of this world. I know it is cliché but a smile, a kind word, and a good attitude can make things better, but it is true. All of those things can really change a bad mood or help a bad situation.



Like laughter, smiling is contagious. If you don't believe me then here are some smiles that make me smile no matter what. I hope the smiles from my family will help cheer you up and put some light into yourself today.


 



 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Our world desperately needs the love of Jesus. As a follower of Jesus it is my hope and prayer that my actions and demeanor draw others to Him. Thanks for writing this gentle and loving reminder! I'm Wendy M. visiting from Christian Women Bloggers Unite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Christian Women Bloggers Unite. Thank you so much for the encouraging word, we can smile because of all the amazing things God has worked in our life! And we can smile that deliverance is still coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!