Wednesday, June 1, 2016

What Is Good For You?

There are times in our lives where we question if something or someone is good for us.

Is that vegetable really good for me? 
Is that career right for me? 
What will the impact of this decision be on my life? 
Is this the path right for my family?

Sometimes it is hard for us to see if something or someone is good for us. We have to trust that God knows what is ultimately good for us. Why am I writing about this, you may ask. My husband had to go with his brother and mom to get his mom's car from the state she used to live in. My husband will be gone over night, making tonight, my first time with our four boys and two dogs without the help of my husband. 

So far, things have been relatively calm. I pray that everything remains peaceful. The more I stressed about this night coming, the more God worked on my heart. It took God using a verse from Isaiah to remind me that God had this in HIS plan and that this time on my own is good for me.


God is teaching me that rely way too much on my husband. Relying on my husband isn't a bad thing, but my husband isn't God. My husband wasn't created to take the place of God in my life. My husband was created to walk life with me and for us to both rely on God for our needs. God wants me to realize, that I need to be relying on God WAY more than my husband. I firmly believe,  that this time without my husband home is a test to really rely on God. I need to take this time to trust that God will have tonight and tomorrow go smoothly.

What is God teaching you? What does He think is good for you? Is it taking time for you to see the end result?

Waiting is hard. I know how hard waiting is. These next 24+ hours will be nothing but waiting for me. I am going to wait and trust that God knows how these hours will go without Rob home. 


I may not have been able to see it a couple of days ago, but this is good for me. I let God clear the stress from my head. God is teaching me and I will learn the lesson He wants me to learn with a lot of faith, a lot of hope, a lot of love.



6 comments:

  1. Great perspective, well written. I didn't marry until I was 40, so I had many years of independence, and it wasn't hard at all to be left alone. Now, after almost 30 years, the dependence has taken root. The only true dependence should be on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy! I relate. I also have a "Rob" as a hubby, and I also rely on him quite a bit. We've been married 32 years now and relying on each other is a habit. However, I echo your learning that we need to rely on God first. Our husbands can't provide what God can. I wish you a peaceful day on your own... or as peaceful as a day with boys can be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the whole thing - we need to be trusting God MORE than anything else

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and well written too! I agree that we need to rely on God first!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always put everything on God's wish as he only knows what is good for you anytime. We all have a lesson to learn out of what happens around & it is the God's plan that bring peace & happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your writing, very well said! God should be our priority.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!