Thursday, January 14, 2016

Laundry For Six

Now that my family is a family of six the laundry is never ending. This isn't a complaint but a statement. Once I think I am caught up the basket has three more items in it that weren't there when I started a wash the hour before. For some, this would be a matter to complain about. For me, the never ending laundry makes me laugh and smile.

Laundry is a sign that:
-My family has clothes
-My kids like to be messy and their clothes take the brunt of the mess
-My baby is happily fed because he spits up all over his clothes
-We are blessed because I am able to do laundry without worrying about how we will get laundry done
-God is using me for what I was created to do (be a homemaker)

I will admit there are times I have complained about the amount of laundry but not since becoming a family of six. God is helping me realize (something I have written about) that everything I do not just in my community but at home (where I spend a lot of my time) is for Him.

I am being reminded every day to count my blessings before complaining about anything.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! We are a family of 6 (well now 5, since the oldest is now all grown up and about to be 4 since the next oldest will be leaving for college this summer). And it really is never-ending even as they get older (ours are teenagers now). However, they are also old enough now to do their own laundry =) All I have to worry about now is ours and the towels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!