Thursday, December 17, 2015

Two In School

Last Tuesday my three year old, Landon, started pre-school. I was very worried on that first day especially since he has Microtia and wears a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid). His teacher said he did very well and he only cried a little bit getting on the bus. He is in the same class as his older brother, Logan, who is in his last year of pre-school. I think it helps that Logan is with him to look out for him a little bit but not too much, of course! They both only go two days a week because of how the pre-school program is set up where we live.

Landon transitioned from our early intervention program in our state right on to pre-school. I was a sad to transition because Landon has been with the early invention program for two years. Before Landon, Logan had been in the program for a year and a half. It is strange not to have anyone coming over to work with your children but at the same time it is so awesome how much Logan and Landon have grown and are succeeding.

Landon is doing great wearing his BAHA at school and even on the bus! As far as I know, his classmates leave it alone which is great! I am sure Logan also reminds their classmates not to touch it because that is Logan's personality.

Landon had a big first this past week. He went on his first field trip (on his third day of school). Their class went to see the Peanuts movie. Logan and Landon loved it and it was their first movie at a theater and they did very well!

After today they will be on Christmas break which will be nice for Landon since he is still getting used to the pre-school routine. His first two weeks of school he has done great!

This mommy struggled a little bit knowing that I would have TWO in school. I am so glad that I still have them home three days a week and I try to soak up every minute of those three days, especially with Logan since next year he will be off to Kindergarten. I am a proud mommy because they both are doing so well and learning a lot.

Here are some picture from Landon's first few weeks of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!