Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quiet Moments

As a mom of three boys, soon to be four boys, quiet moments are rare. When I get a quiet moment, I enjoy it and soak it up. This morning I got a quiet moment. Actually I got 30 minutes of quiet and you can bet I soaked it up. 

I dove into God's word to see what He wanted me to learn. I opened my Bible app and began my reading plans. God knew what verse I needed this morning. It comes from Psalms about creating in me a pure heart and having a steadfast spirit. Yesterday I wrote about how I fall into the mundane trap, this verse reminds me to have a pure heart. My heart must focus on God. My spirit needs to be renewed every day and steadfast can also mean firmness. I must stand firm in God every day. When I stand firm in God, everything in my day is so much better. I can block out any worries and any negativities. God is my constant. He gives me what I need when I need it. I am thankful for the quiet moments where God speaks to me. I am so thankful for how big God is and how He knows me better than I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment