Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quiet Moments

As a mom of three boys, soon to be four boys, quiet moments are rare. When I get a quiet moment, I enjoy it and soak it up. This morning I got a quiet moment. Actually I got 30 minutes of quiet and you can bet I soaked it up. 

I dove into God's word to see what He wanted me to learn. I opened my Bible app and began my reading plans. God knew what verse I needed this morning. It comes from Psalms about creating in me a pure heart and having a steadfast spirit. Yesterday I wrote about how I fall into the mundane trap, this verse reminds me to have a pure heart. My heart must focus on God. My spirit needs to be renewed every day and steadfast can also mean firmness. I must stand firm in God every day. When I stand firm in God, everything in my day is so much better. I can block out any worries and any negativities. God is my constant. He gives me what I need when I need it. I am thankful for the quiet moments where God speaks to me. I am so thankful for how big God is and how He knows me better than I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!