Monday, November 23, 2015

Favorite Things About Thanksgiving

This week is the week of Thanksgiving! I am so excited for Thanksgiving for so many reasons. I have compiled a list of my top ten favorite things about Thanksgiving.

1. Being with family and friends. There is nothing better than being surrounded by the ones you love while eating some amazing food!
2. It is the start of the the holiday season. The day after Thanksgiving is when we start decorating for Christmas.
3. The turkey. The turkey really is the best part of the Thanksgiving feast.
4. Stuffing/Dressing. I love the stuffing/dressing. I also love the debates every year about whether it is stuffing or dressing. Whatever you call it, I love it. The second best part of the Thanksgiving feast.
5. Dessert. It doesn't matter what the dessert is, whether it is the traditional pumpkin pie or something that involves chocolate. I love dessert, especially on Thanksgiving.
6. Naps. I definitely love the naps that follow lunch/dinner. We always eat early afternoon on Thanksgiving so we can take a nap and wake up and eat leftovers for dinner. I look forward to the nap so I can do round two of Thanksgiving.
7. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Ever since I was little, I always watched the parade. I love the floats, the music, and the excitement.
8. Eating until I can't eat anymore. Thanksgiving is a day when you can eat all that you want to eat without judgment because Thanksgiving a day full of eating!
9. Sleeping in. Okay, so I am a mom and sleeping in may not exist but I am hopeful that while the boys are still little that they might sleep in. Even if they don't, I know as they get older they will want to sleep in on Thanksgiving.
10. Last but not least is looking around at everything I have been blessed with and being thankful. Though, being thankful is not just a one day of the year thing but an everyday thing. It is so nice to look around and see everything and everyone I am thankful for all in one place.

Feel free to give me a few of your favorite things about Thanksgiving and have a very Happy Thanksgiving this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!