Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Doing Things For God

Today was one of those days where I feel like everything I did was mundane. I felt like I was just on auto pilot doing the same routine we always do. God has been speaking to me today to find more in the day than just the same things we always do. I found that everything I do is not for me or for my family (though a lot of it is) but that it is for God. I think I fell into a trap where I forgot who I am doing things for. When I care for the boys, I am caring not just for my kids but for children of God. When I teach the boys, I am teaching them not only what I want to teach them but what God wants me to teach them. When I do things for my family, I am also doing things for God.

I need to wake up every day and remember that each day won't be mundane but that I am serving God in a way that He wants me to serve Him. When I am doing my 6th load of laundry, it is all for God. When I am changing the 10th diaper of the day, it is all for God. What we think is just our normal routine is also our way of bringing God glory. It is hard to fall in the mundane trap. I am challenging myself as well as my readers to remember that everything we do is for God and God is not mundane. He works in ways we can never imagine. When God is by our side, nothing can be mundane.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!