Saturday, April 25, 2015

I Am Not Perfect

I watched Mom's Night Out tonight. It was funny and a great movie. It also encouraged me. It reminded me that as a mom, I don't need to be perfect. I am not perfect. I am a mess. My house is a mess. My boys are a mess (well not at the moment because they are sleeping but you get my point). The movie made me realize I put too much emphasis on trying to have things be perfect. Not everything will be perfect. Mistakes will be made. Accidents will happen. Messes will happen.
The great thing about mistakes, accidents, and messes is that they can be cleaned up or fixed. I can learn from my mistakes and keep going. I can clean up the messes. I can fix the accidents and clean those up. I can continue on the journey of motherhood embracing the moments that aren't how I envision them. The moments that aren't how I envision them will give character to the future and make for great stories and memories.
The movie reminded me that I don't have to be good enough for everyone else. Through all the imperfections I am God's masterpiece and that needs to be enough for me.
I am not perfect and that is okay because I am perfect enough for God.

If you haven't seen Mom's Night Out, I suggest you do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!