Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mother to Three

Since the last time I wrote (almost two months) a lot of changes happened in my family. Rob got 'promoted' at work into a new area at Direct TV and he is enjoying it very much! Landon (my microtia baby) is understanding more and more things. Still not speaking but his understanding of his surroundings and things going on are amazing. Logan has entered his second year of pre-school. The biggest change is we welcomed our third baby boy, Liam Joshua on August 19, 2014 at 10:50 p.m.

August 19 started out a little earlier than usual. My pregnant body woke up at 5:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. Logan had an eye appointment that day so I took him to it and afterwards we had a normal Tuesday with Landon. Rob went into work for over time to pick up extra hours before Liam came (Liam was supposed to be born via c-section August 26). During the time that I was feeding Logan and Landon dinner I felt what I thought was my water breaking/leaking. So I called my mother in law who called my brother in law's fiance (they are in town for college) and she quickly rushed over. I made the decision that I should go to labor and delivery (better safe than sorry). Since I was also having sporadic contractions my brother in laws fiance drove me to the hospital after quickly getting Logan and Landon ready. I brought the hospital bag for Liam and I as well just in case. My mother in law got a hold of Rob at work (Direct TV has an emergency line). Rob quickly left work and met us (literally he arrived at the hospital the same time we did) at the hospital.

Rob and I got to labor and delivery and they hooked me up to the monitors and tested to see if it was indeed my water. Turned out it was not my water however I was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart. They continued to monitor me. After an hour they called my doctor who made the decision to deliver. There were too many risks to release me and have me wait until August 26 (the following week). So they prepped me for my c-section and at 10:50 p.m. we welcomed Liam Joshua into the world. He weighed 8lbs. 10oz. and was 21 inches long. At his post birth appointment he weight 7lbs. and 14 oz. Liam is nursing so it is normal for babies that are nursed to drop. Liam is a champ at nursing and he has another weight check on Tuesday. We think he is above 8lbs. again.

We are in love with him. I had no idea when I gave birth to Landon how I would love two kids. Then giving birth to Liam I had no idea how I would love three kids. My heart grew bigger with each child. I have so much love for all three of boys that I am pretty sure my heart just might explode. My mother in law is here to help us but she is letting us doing a lot on our own because once our extra hands are gone, we will be on our own. We all have a new routine and with time it will all sync like clock work.

Logan and Landon love their baby brother, especially Logan who understands more than Landon. Logan will ask to hold his 'baby'. He will give him kisses and try to give him his paci. Landon will tell Liam to 'shh' if he is crying. When I see them interact with Liam I know in my heart I am truly blessed.

Below are pictures from the past 9 days.

Liam Joshua

Aunt Cheyenna, so thankful for her!


3 Generations



Liam's reaction to learning he has to live with is brothers for the next 18 years.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!