Saturday, March 1, 2014

Taking It All In

Since my last blog post life has not been too busy. I have been soaking everything in. Rob and I got to enjoy a date on Valentine's Day and since then we have been very family focused which in turn has helped our marriage in the past few weeks. Logan finally returned to school after being out for two weeks straight due to the snow. And we are expecting more snow this weekend, yikes! Landon has been figuring out what he can get into around our house and what he can't. He really keeps me on my toes. Nap time around here is very valuable (usually when I try to sit down and write a post but lately I've been napping too!).

In the past two weeks I have been trying to get my 'business' back up. I make beaded jewelry and I sat down and made a vision for where I would like that to be by the end of 2014. I have even made a schedule of times when I will sit down and just create. I started this in April of 2011 because I knew I would  be graduating from college and didn't know if I would be able to find a job or not. Recently since I stay home and my boys have the same nap schedule I need to do something I enjoy but I am not only doing this for myself but for other people. It is called SowingtheSeedBeads (www.facebook.com/SowingtheSeedBeads) and I based it off the bible verses:
"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap."-Galatians 6:7
"In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good." -Ecclesiastes 11:6
" He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness."- 2 Corinthians 9:10
I hope and pray through the making and selling of the jewelry I made that I can shine for God and love the way He loves me.

Landon is still doing great with his BAHA. He is still babbling quite a bit. The only words he really says are: Mama, Uh-Oh,  Hi, and Ball. The more we play with him and talk to him the more he will begin to say words. Landon also enjoys playing games. He has learned to give Hi-Fives. He loves Pat-A-Cake. He also has a game where I will hold out my hand and he thinks I want his pacifier. Landon has begun to feed himself with his fingers. Depending on the food/texture sometimes he will feed himself with a spoon but he always ends up using his fingers. Tupperware and kitchen utensils have become his new toys.

Logan is doing great in preschool. Conversations with him are funny. Lately he really tries to act like myself or Rob so we really have to be careful what we say or do around him. I love that I can have conversations with him, as crazy as they sometimes are.

I think I have gotten you up to date about my amazing family. I really would not trade staying home with my boys for anything. Some days are hard but all hugs, cuddles, and kisses I get make up for the hard days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!