Thursday, March 6, 2014

Putting Up A Fight

Recently Landon has started to put up a fight when we try to put on his BAHA. I am not quite sure why because it helps him hear 10x better. It is the same routine every time. I get it half way on his head and he starts thrashing around like a crocodile and I have to hold him down to get his BAHA successfully on his head. Once the BAHA is on his head he leaves it alone and realizes that maybe he shouldn't fight me and just let me get it on his head.

As I have thought about the fight that Landon puts up I realized how much it is like the fights we put up as Christians. God gives us something He wants us to do for Him and we fight Him because we don't want to do it. Once we surrender to God and do His will we are much better, aren't we? We like to be in control, much like Landon likes to be in control. Landon is learning that he is getting older and has more freedom and at his age of 15 months he can even do more things himself. He is learning that if he can't it himself, he doesn't want to do it. Again, much like us as Christians, we know God is in control yet if something doesn't going according to OUR plan, we don't want to do it, right?

I am learning through my sweet 15 month old how important it is to surrender my life over and over again to God. His plan is better than mine. He is in control and I need to TRUST Him. Much like Landon needs to trust that when I am trying to put his BAHA on, I know it will help him. When we trust fully in God to take care of things, then we are helping ourselves to be free of any burden or stress. It is hard to surrender everything (even the small things) because we are human and we want to have some control. Fully trusting and fully surrendering comes with a wave of peace. Both things you may have to do daily when your feet hit the floor, I know I do. Each day, that means my day starts out with a sense of peace rather than a sense of worry and fear.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths" -Proverbs 3:5-6 

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” -Psalms 46:10

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." -Romans 15:13 

I pray that your day is filled with peace, hope, and joy!

Most of all I pray that your day is filled with the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!