Saturday, November 16, 2013

Homemade Cleaning Recipes

I am currently a SAHM. In order for me to stay home and not find a job, my family and I have had to make cuts and be creative. I make my own laundry detergent, all purpose cleaner, toilet cleaner, tub/shower cleaner, stain remover, baby wipes, and floor cleaner. We are saving ourselves nearly $50 a  month! I have had people ask me for my recipes. So here they are.

All Purpose Cleaner:
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Baking Sode
Mix ingredients into a spray bottle. I recycled one I already had.

Stain Remover:
1/2 Cup Borax
1/2 Cup Water
2 tsp. Hydrogen Peroxide
Mix in a spray bottle. Again, I used a recycled one I already had.  

















Floor Cleaner:
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
2-3 Drops of Dawn (you can use any) Dish Soap
Mix and store in a container. I use microfiber cloths on my swiffer mop when I mop and I let it soak in the mix until the cloth is wet. 
I will use a dry microfiber cloth on my swiffer mop to clean  my hard floors. The static helps get up dirt better than a sweeper.












                                                                                                                                        

Homemade Laundry Detergent: 
 Boil 1/2 gallon of water in a large pot. Add 1/3 bar shredded Fels-Naptha. Bring back to boil. Once Fels-Naptha is melted add 1/2 cup Borax and 1/2 cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. Lightly boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 1/2 gallons water. Blend well (submersion blender works best). Let it cool for 30 minutes. Blend again. Divide into storing containers. Shake well before use. 1/2 cup per load of laundry.

Baby Wipes:
1 Cup Water
1 tbs. Baby Wash
1 tbs. Coconut Oil
1/2 Roll of Bounty Paper Towel
Cut the roll of paper towels in half. Mix ingredients in bowl and put the half roll standing up. Flip over (use a bowl that has a matching lid) and let the dry end sit on the lid while gravity does the work of soaking up the half roll. Give one hour to soak up and remove the cardboard and place in a container. I use an empty wipe container and for a whole roll I use a container I bought from dollar tree. The whole roll is pictured below (double the ingredients for a whole roll). I use the whole roll for kitchen wipes for after my kids are done eating.
Tub/Shower Cleaner:
2 Parts Vinegar
1 Part Dawn Dish Soap (Or any dish soap)
Mix in spray bottle. Spray tubs/showers and let sit for an hour and wipe clean with a towel.
Toilet Cleaner:
Equal parts Vinegar and Baking Soda. Pour into the toilet bowl and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Flush and clean with a toilet brush. I will also clean the toilet seat with a Clorox wipe and spray with Lysol to really disinfect.

Scentsy Candle Blocks:
I take an old candle that is almost gone an freeze the wax and then  break up chunks and let it melt in my Scentsy warmer.





Right now, these are the only things I currently make. My next project is to make homemade body wash and shaving cream. I need to first purchase storage containers for those. I found many of these recipes on Pinterest. www.pinterest.com. I have to give credit to where credit is due. If you have a variation of a recipe please comment with it and I will have to try it.
Thanks for reading!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!