Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy 25th Birthday!

It is not my birthday. It is my husband's birthday. I could write for days on how he is an amazing husband and father but I am sure you all would get tired of reading and my kids aren't that willing to give me that much time to write.
Let's back up to February 2008. My husband, Rob, and I met on February 1, 2008 (officially). We sort of knew each other since January of 2008 because we were in the same circle of friends for the most part in college (Kentucky Christian University). On the day we met, our friends all went bowling that night. Our mutual friend, Amber (who was my maid of honor in our wedding), introduced us. We hit it off pretty well but he did have his eye on another girl. Things did not quite work out with her and on February 4, 2008 Rob asked me to be his girlfriend. We did not take things slow. After several days/weeks of talking and dating we knew we were right for each other. We went on our first date on Valentine's Day of 2008. I was super sick though. He took me to the doctor and waited with me on Valentine's Day at the pharmacy at Wal-Mart for 2 HOURS! We went to Applebee's to eat. That, was our first date...lol. I was pretty sure after that first date, that he was a keeper.
He then took me home (East Liverpool, OH) over one of our school breaks to meet his family and I fell in love them and vice versa. On another school break, I took him home (Louisville, KY) to my family and in the words of my aunt, I quote, "Marry him." It wasn't even 2 weeks after that, he went to my grandfather and asked for my hand in marriage. The week before this, however, he hurt his knee really bad in a spring training soccer game and he was on crutches. When asking my grandfather and talking to him, Rob was hobbling around on crutches, which is to me was romantic. On April 14, 2008 he got down on one knee (his hurt knee) and asked me to marry him at the same spot where he asked me to be his girlfriend (a bench on the college campus we went to).
 Fast forward 14 months, June 27, 2009 we got married. We had a small and beautiful ceremony and a lovely/warm reception. 6 months after we were married we found out we were expecting our first child, Logan (who is 3 years old). When Logan was 18 months old we found out we were expecting our second child, Landon (who is 11 months old). That is our love story in a nutshell.
I love reminiscing about our love story and how we met and fell in love. God brought us together perfectly. We fit each other so well like a puzzle. He is a man of God and he works hard for our family. He is wonderful with Logan and Landon. We fall in love with each other more and more every day. I am so thankful for Rob and that he was born 25 years ago!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!