Monday, February 4, 2013

Going Back In Time

I need to take a moment and go back in time with my blog readers. I am going back 5 years to be exact. 5 years ago today (February 4, 2008), a guy stole my heart. Little did I know then that he and I would fall in love, get married, and have two beautiful boys. A very cute, brown-eyed, brown-haired guy asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes and I was head over heels for him. My husband, Rob, and I have been together for 5 years! As I thought all day long at how awesome that is, I still cannot believe it. I cannot believe God brought Rob and I together and I cannot believe how much God has blessed our relationship and marriage. God sure knew what he was doing when he brought Rob and I together. God had a plan for the both of us. He had a plan before Rob and I even knew each other and before Rob and I were even born.
Things happen in our lives as Christians and at the moment it is happening we sometimes cannot understand why it is happening or the purpose for it. God knows. God has a plan. This verse is plastered everywhere for just about everything but it is such a powerful verse, Jeremiah 29:11, 'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."' There were times over the past 5 years where I had trouble believing this verse. Rob and I have been through quite a lot in the past 5 years and I had to have faith and trust that God had a plan for everything and that God knew the outcome of all the situations. It is hard to know God knows what will happen in the end, but if we have faith and trust him completely then we don't need to worry about what is happening. We only need to trust and have faith. 
I sure am glad I had faith in God when Rob asked me to be his girlfriend. I had no idea how long we would be together but I had faith in God and trusted that God knew. Guess what, God did know because now we are married! So we will be together til death do us part. 
Here are some pictures of Rob and I at the beginning of our relationship. 

The  night we met!
 We bonded over fish faces!


 Our first date!
 Watching an eclipse.
Our first church service as a couple. 

 This was the day after we got engaged.

 My engagement ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!