Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Super Mommy

Wow, I have not blogged in over a year. I think that is going to change. I am soon to become a mommy to two little blessings and what better way to share about it than to write about it! Today we find out the gender of baby number 2! We are so thrilled and excited! Our first, Logan is excited about being a big brother, at least what he can understand of it at 22 months old. :)
Last night's dilemma at 3 a.m. was that we learned Logan is terrified of the dark. How we found it out was his night light burnt out and he gave a blood curdling scream. I went in expecting to see puke or worse blood. Brought him in our room to calm him before he did puke. Once calm took him to his room and he clinged to me with all he had. Looked over and saw his night light was out. No worries mommy became Super Mommy and flipped on the hall light and cracked his door so enough light would shine through. All is now well and silent for our neighboring walls (we live in an apartment so no doubt it woke up our neighbors). This moment as I write makes me so glad I am a mom. I love meeting the needs of a little and innocent being. When a child clings to you for safety you know you are a great mom because that child knows he/she can depend on you to come to his/her rescue. What is so awesome about this is I am reminded that God comes to my rescue and allows me to cling to him in my moments of being afraid. In being a mommy, I show Logan little glimpses of a great God. I can only hope that Logan sees that the older he gets. Mommy friends, remember that you are important to your kids even at 3 a.m. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!