Sunday, February 6, 2011

Being A Mother Is...

Amazing!! I love seeing Logan change every day and learn new things. He is such an inquisitive little boy. My favorite thing about being a Mommy (which I've only been one for 5 months) is seeing Logan's eyes light up with joy at just about anything.
I had never fully grasped Bible verses that said that children are a blessing from God and that they bring joy to our lives. It was probably because I did not have children of my own. Now that I have been a Mommy for 5 months those verses reign true and have such a deeper meaning then what I used to put on them.
John 16:21 says, "When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world." Logan was a complete joy for me after he was born, other than my wedding day, I had never experienced such joy.
Psalm 127:3-5 says, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." I definitely believe that Logan is a BLESSING from God. When I think about how God is blessing Rob and I in our lives, it astounds me because sometimes I do not think I am worthy of the blessings. God views it differently and I am so grateful for the grace of God to think of me as worthy of being a mother and a wife.
My little blessing after he was first born 09/04/10.
 At 5 months old on 02/04/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my whole post and for commenting. It means so much to me. It would also mean a lot if you were to hit the follow button and subscribe to my blog which is to the right. Sharing is caring, so feel free to share my post. Hope you have a wonderful day!